Dan Neil

He's starting to annoy me a touch to be honest, brilliant player in my opinion but the manner in which we play has nullified what made him special in my opinion.

Everytime he gets the ball, he looks to the wide men, thats what he does, feeds the wide lads with good sensible passing. Where as when he first broke through, it was his ability to play a through ball that set him apart, always looking to break the backline with a perfectly placed well paced pass.

I thinks for a player of his ability, his role suppresses his talent. Maybe its that we have no runners in behind, who knows?
He's had to take on Evans' role.

He was exactly the player you described prior to that.

I was wrong about him, he’s the best midfielder in this league easily. First game ekwah has pulled his weight for a while and Neil looks class. He’s usually playing midfield by himself and still doing well.
Not even the best midfielder at the club, Jobe has a lot more to his game and is four years younger

That’s the issue.

He’s absolute class. Favourite player since he came into the team. Probably my favourite ever CM we’ve had. Weight of pass and first touch is magic, such a classy player

A real Rolls Royce of a player, asked to sit deep or keep possession moving sideways is a bit of a shame. All boils down to my preference that we got a dm instead of a cam to free up the wealth of ability that we have in the centre thats currently shackled I guess.

He's had to take on Evans' role.

He was exactly the player you described prior to that.

He was that player under Johnson yea, Neil it was too pragmatic for him individually and Mowbray the job of the team is to get it to the widemen and let them do the magic.

I dont see it changing anytime soon as he is more than acceptable in that Evans role and Pierre can't do it.

Not even the best midfielder at the club, Jobe has a lot more to his game and is four years younger
Sorry mate but that's just not true . Jobe's is a talent but has a way to go before he can do all the jobs Neil does with 90% efficiency. We probably won't be able to hang onto either of them mind .

I’m pleased he’s cut out the fannying around with the ball in dangerous areas that we saw previously.

Will only get better as well.

He hasn’t really cut it out.

There was the Connolly shot today that came from said ‘fannying’

I don’t want him to stop it, as long as he keeps asking for it, he’ll get better.

Sorry mate but that's just not true . Jobe's is a talent but has a way to go before he can do all the jobs Neil does with 90% efficiency. We probably won't be able to hang onto either of them mind .
When he is given a run in centre midfield we will see a different player, but I agree the model dictates we sell, we will get. A lot more fore Jobe than we will for Neil though

Last edited:
He's starting to annoy me a touch to be honest, brilliant player in my opinion but the manner in which we play has nullified what made him special in my opinion.

Everytime he gets the ball, he looks to the wide men, thats what he does, feeds the wide lads with good sensible passing. Where as when he first broke through, it was his ability to play a through ball that set him apart, always looking to break the backline with a perfectly placed well paced pass.

I thinks for a player of his ability, his role suppresses his talent. Maybe its that we have no runners in behind, who knows?

Agreed, hes not the only one guilty of it though. A few times weve picked the ball up in the middle, and instantly pass it out wide. Im screaming for them go drive forward with instead, force the opponents onto the back foot.

As for DN, hopefully we sign a proper DM so he can show more of his natural game.

What a good player he is. Thought he did alright Saturday despite the defeat.

Today, brilliant. Reads the game so well, little touches of class and has added a bit steel to his game.

Just turned 22 and made 129 appearances for the club. Give the lad a long contract and build around him.
Didn’t see the game today but thought he was awful on Saturday
Agree with the rest of your post though

When he is given a run in centre midfield we will see a different player, but I agree the model dictates we sell, we will get. A lot more fore Jobe than we will for Neil though
Only because of his name though . His brother is so good the big clubs are frightened they may miss out on Jobe ,if he replicates his brothers achievements. So will offer big money on that basis . .Look at some of the shite , the big clubs have paid stupid money for.
Not saying Jobs is not a talent .

Think yer right there, to get the best outta Neil and Jobe we need to play 4-1-4-1, with Jobe and Neil playing as number 8’s, that means signing a CDM and decent striker in January 🤔
Only because of his name though . His brother is so good the big clubs are frightened they may miss out on Jobe ,if he replicates his brothers achievements. So will offer big money on that basis . .Look at some of the shite , the big clubs have paid stupid money for.
Not saying Jobs is not a talent .
Nah there is talent there we just need to find his best position

Few great points made so far but just wanted to mention the two gorgeous chips he's scored this season. Team does work better with ekwah more advanced but Neil makes some class late runs when he can get forward. The penalty he should have won at Leicester was another great example of it

Then again you do also have to deal with him volleying the ball out the stadium every now and then when he goes up 🤣

Really good player imo, think he’s so important for us and he’s really stepped up this season with some big performances.

I don’t see him going onto have this amazing top end of the PL career winning trophies however, don’t think he’s going to be that good.

Will have a very solid career though. Will play for a Fulham/Brentford/palace etc.

Back