Dan Neil injured

May be in the minority but wouldn’t be that fussed if he left provided we get a good fee. Good player on his day but gets away with a lot with the fans for being a local lad. Realistically we need to sell a few to find the improvements we need.
Good points 🤔
Can't we hire Sam for a few months to train our lot in fitness coaching? He kept Kirchoff going, ffs...
And the moment he left. Well we all know.

Last edited:
Stats done lie regarding passes. Always had Wharton down as a more defensive minded defender compared to Neil too, as the stats show there too.

Also nobody will convince me playing in a midfield two with Ekwah being the other is beneficial for them.

Neil seems to paste him quite badly in the passing stakes.

I might agree with this if he had someone to learn from here but it's him leading a team if kids. For his career he'd be much better off in a team where he could learn from other pros imo. I think he'd look even better in a better team.
And let's not forget the wages we pay are nowhere near what he could be getting.
The minutes he gets by starting every game are his main source of player development . He's been thrown in at Championship level and never looks out place , rarely makes an error. If any club offers him Ross Stewart money he should and will take it .

While I don’t want to sound like I underrate Neil - he has clear good Premier League player potential imo - those comparing his statistics this year favourably v Wharton do need to remember that Wharton is over two years younger.

That makes a difference at this age. For an age like for like, you’d have to compare v Neil’s League One season.

That, aged 20, Neil was in League One, whereas Wharton has been picked up and doesn’t look out of place in the Premier League, does I’m afraid probably tell its own story.

Sounds very similar to some of the comments made about Jordan Henderson when he was here.
Henderson was a better player than Neil. Playing at a far higher level at a far younger age

I’m not saying Neil is a bad player by any stretch of the imagination like but he’s nowhere near as good as people on would have you believe like. Imo obviously

There were people last year saying he’s get in liverpools midfield ffs. It’s complete madness.

Henderson was a better player than Neil. Playing at a far higher level at a far younger age

I’m not saying Neil is a bad player by any stretch of the imagination like but he’s nowhere near as good as people on would have you believe like. Imo obviously

There were people last year saying he’s get in liverpools midfield ffs. It’s complete madness.

Do you reckon he'd get into any premier league midfield? Comparisons made with Wharton obviously and I genuinely don't think there's a great deal of difference in them.

Obviously whoever said he'd get in Liverpool's is mental..but I think he'd suit a good few premier league teams.

Back