Dalian Atkinson

Status
Not open for further replies.
To deploy a taser a officer must feel under severe threat .....stumbling towards them doesn't seem threatening to me....they do have c.s. Gas which also disables u....a taser to means the officer must be in or feel he is in severe danger...why was the gas not used....a question for the legal teams I suppose.
Wasn't aware you were aware of national ACPO policy regarding taser use and deployment.

Good question. I've seen a witness claim it, but that's it. It's not like the police will admit to it.

I'd imagine they'd have to submit some kind of statement justifying their actions in a reasonable level of detail.

It's also entirely reasonable to assume that the kit they used will be sent away for analysis given that someone has died.

I'd imagine they'd have to submit some kind of statement justifying their actions in a reasonable level of detail.

It's also entirely reasonable to assume that the kit they used will be sent away for analysis given that someone has died.

U have faith in the system even after hillsbrough even after all the lies ....the statement changes made by the police hierarchy themselves ...even the police officers at the time who were their were disgusted by their superior officers actions but it took years to come out....inquiry after inquiry lied to and more lies until eventually it all came out and has any police officer stood in the dock for this ....of course not their too old and unwell now.

U have faith in the system even after hillsbrough even after all the lies ....the statement changes made by the police hierarchy themselves ...even the police officers at the time who were their were disgusted by their superior officers actions but it took years to come out....inquiry after inquiry lied to and more lies until eventually it all came out and has any police officer stood in the dock for this ....of course not their too old and unwell now.
Hillsborough was in 1989, Dalian Atkinson died yesterday.

I just don't get why he was tasered multiple times. If he was off his tits on drugs and threatening, I can understand spray or tasering once.

But several times?

Exactly. Once should be enough, but I'm sure that the officer in question will be retired on a generous pension plan

To deploy a taser a officer must feel under severe threat .....stumbling towards them doesn't seem threatening to me....they do have c.s. Gas which also disables u....a taser to means the officer must be in or feel he is in severe danger...why was the gas not used....a question for the legal teams I suppose.
Wrong and wrong.

are u. Lol ...I know the law.
Don't think you do. Unless you mean they visit you often?!

Good question. I've seen a witness claim it, but that's it. It's not like the police will admit to it.
They've already said the tasers data has been downloaded. That'll show how it was used.

Last edited:
And yr point is....
You've suggested that my faith in police processes for something that happened yesterday should be questioned because of something that happened 30 years ago, in a different force.

Times change, processes change. We live in a completely different world to even 15 years ago, let alone almost 30. Everyone is seconds away from being a journalist with video capability and social media at their fingertips. Internal police and other emergency systems will be audited and records retained, and officers will be accountable if their actions weren't justified.

There isn't as much wriggle room for police as there was decades ago. I have a decent level of faith that the truth will out. If it's bad news for the police, then so be it. It makes no difference to me. However, I'm willing to set aside the potential criminality of police forces from what is a bygone era when looking at something that happened yesterday.

Wrong and wrong.

They've already said the tasers data has been downloaded. That'll show how it was used.
Come on then Mr.policeman tell me the law......and yes they do visit me often in my job u clown

You've suggested that my faith in police processes for something that happened yesterday should be questioned because of something that happened 30 years ago, in a different force.

Times change, processes change. We live in a completely different world to even 15 years ago, let alone almost 30. Everyone is seconds away from being a journalist with video capability and social media at their fingertips. Internal police and other emergency systems will be audited and records retained, and officers will be accountable if their actions weren't justified.

There isn't as much wriggle room for police as there was decades ago. I have a decent level of faith that the truth will out. If it's bad news for the police, then so be it. It makes no difference to me. However, I'm willing to set aside the potential criminality of police forces from what is a bygone era when looking at something that happened yesterday.

Good post I'm affair that I do not share your feelings of good faith but all fair points you have quoted

Wrong and wrong.

And since when does C.S Gas or pepper spray not disable u....what a knacker

The officer will have to justify why he used taser instead of anything else on his belt ,
I suggest people do a bit research on the subject before guessing on here ,
There's plenty available on the Internet .

There's a good chance Atkinson will have had underlying health problems,

there's a condition called excited delirium , that could have been a factor here

Come on then Mr.policeman tell me the law......and yes they do visit me often in my job u clown

Good post I'm affair that I do not share your feelings of good faith but all fair points you have quoted

Cs spray doesn't work on everyone ,
It also doesn't take away the threat straight away

The officer doesn't have to feel threatened as you said. The person may be threatening someone else, or themselves.

CS won't stop someone waving a knife around for example and being able to harm others, or themselves.

No idea what happened in this case, but just pointing out you are incorrect in what you said.

All of this is easy to find out via a quick google or YouTube.

Clown. Knacker.

The officer doesn't have to feel threatened as you said. The person may be threatening someone else, or themselves.

CS won't stop someone waving a knife around for example and being able to harm others, or themselves.

No idea what happened in this case, but just pointing out you are incorrect in what you said.

All of this is easy to find out via a quick google or YouTube.

Clown. Knacker.

He didn't have a knife or weapon tho did he ???? Witness confirmed this .....so what is your point then ...u haven't got one but the police are right this and that.....when u work with young offenders u might see it from the other side....their are always 2 sides to a story but your blind faith in the police and their fairness is just beyond me....their are some good police officers but their are also some nasty ones who abuse their position.....like I say no knife no weapon just a man stumbling towards a officer who has died ......and like has been quoted by others probably with mental health issues ....sad very sad

I'm a cop with 21 years in so I think I know a little bit, aye.

Well u will no that their are bad men amongst u as well who abuse the law.....and to use a taser a officer must feel in danger....u carnt just taser or gas anyone u feel like can u...u are allowed to use force to restrain and arrest but a man stumbling around tasered.....a taser officer is a fire arms trained officer who should show restraint before deploying the taser.....why wasn't the c.s. Gas used to detain him or bring him under control ....clearly witnesse said it wasn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back