Dalian Atkinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

What happened to him as a player, he just seemed to go away out of nowhere?

Played in the wrong era, would have made a canny wedge now.

can't be arsed to read this thread no doubt full of people trying to be contentious.
Personally liked him as a player and whatever happened it's pretty sad all round.

I`m sure when the dust settles the officers will be found not guilty of any wrong doing - anyone care to bet against me?
Most important thing is that the incident is investigated properly and nobody jumps to conclusions until they know the findings. Hopefully the media give the family space to grieve .

Doesn't every taser officer have to be tapered so they know what the effects are. Or is that just the US. If so it sort of destroys the argument that they're used with any sort of expectation that they're lethal.

Even if not, what are the odds that all those with the anti poliss agendas will be the first to turn bleating to said polis if someone as much as sat on their garden wall.

Doesn't every taser officer have to be tapered so they know what the effects are. Or is that just the US. If so it sort of destroys the argument that they're used with any sort of expectation that they're lethal.

Even if not, what are the odds that all those with the anti poliss agendas will be the first to turn bleating to said polis if someone as much as sat on their garden wall.

No ,
I volunteered for it but it wasn't allowed ,
Only in America

Touché

What she claimed happened isn't possible to to the functionality of the taser. That's her testimony worthless. Next?
Isn't it?

If the BBC report is accurate then it's murder IMO. Poor bastard was tasered multiple times (even when he had his hands behind his back) and kicked multiple times while he was already on the floor. :neutral:
Where does it say he was tasered when he had his hands behind his back?

A neighbour described seeing the former Aston Villa star, 48, being Tasered after "stumbling towards" police.

Paula Quinn, who lives in a first-floor flat near the Atkinson property in Trench, said: "They were shouting and kicking so much all I could hear were the boots hitting him.

"And then the officer who released the Taser stepped back while the other officer still continued to kick and then I could hear him shout to the other officer that was still kicking, 'Back off, back off, back off.'

"And then the officer with the Taser asked the gentleman to put his hands behind his back and did so probably two or three times and reactivated the Taser another four or five times after that. "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37082207

Sounds bad like. No way would two members of the public get away with that.

But hey, it's rare that someone dies after being tasered so just shut up about it. :rolleyes:

Just because an eye witness 'said' something happened doesn't automatically make it true. They could very easily have an agenda against the police and say things to make them look bad.

A different eye witness account - no mention of police kicking anyone here. Depends which one you want to believe.

Former Aston Villa footballer Dalian Atkinson has died after he was shot by a police stun gun early on Monday morning. Officers were called to a home in Meadow Close, Telford, Shrophire after concerns "for the safety of an individual" were raised. West Mercia Police said the 48-year-old man was given medical treatment after being hit by Taser, but died around 90 minutes later. Witness Paula Quinn said she heard shouting outside and when she looked out of the window she saw two police officers and a local resident having "loud discussions". She told Sky News the man was "stumbling" towards the police officers. She said: "The police officer shouted something about deploying the Taser but because the gentleman was still stumbling forwards he deployed the Taser anyway. "Then the gentleman just dropped like a lead balloon and landed straight on the floor." Ms Quinn added: "It all went quiet for seconds. I can only assume the man was now subdued. Numerous police vehicles and paramedics arrived. I heard the paramedics working on him and then they took him away in the ambulance.

http://news.sky.com/story/ex-aston-villa-player-dies-in-police-tasering-10537438

Just because an eye witness 'said' something happened doesn't automatically make it true. They could very easily have an agenda against the police and say things to make them look bad.

A different eye witness account - no mention of police kicking anyone here. Depends which one you want to believe.

Former Aston Villa footballer Dalian Atkinson has died after he was shot by a police stun gun early on Monday morning. Officers were called to a home in Meadow Close, Telford, Shrophire after concerns "for the safety of an individual" were raised. West Mercia Police said the 48-year-old man was given medical treatment after being hit by Taser, but died around 90 minutes later. Witness Paula Quinn said she heard shouting outside and when she looked out of the window she saw two police officers and a local resident having "loud discussions". She told Sky News the man was "stumbling" towards the police officers. She said: "The police officer shouted something about deploying the Taser but because the gentleman was still stumbling forwards he deployed the Taser anyway. "Then the gentleman just dropped like a lead balloon and landed straight on the floor." Ms Quinn added: "It all went quiet for seconds. I can only assume the man was now subdued. Numerous police vehicles and paramedics arrived. I heard the paramedics working on him and then they took him away in the ambulance.

http://news.sky.com/story/ex-aston-villa-player-dies-in-police-tasering-10537438
To deploy a taser a officer must feel under severe threat .....stumbling towards them doesn't seem threatening to me....they do have c.s. Gas which also disables u....a taser to means the officer must be in or feel he is in severe danger...why was the gas not used....a question for the legal teams I suppose.

I just don't get why he was tasered multiple times. If he was off his tits on drugs and threatening, I can understand spray or tasering once.

But several times?

I just don't get why he was tasered multiple times. If he was off his tits on drugs and threatening, I can understand spray or tasering once.

But several times?
Has it been determined that he was definitely tasered several times?

Reactions: ATS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back