Dalian Atkinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

There was a poster on here called Kieran. He was prone to meltdowns amongst other things and was generally a figure of ridicule. You are either him or closely related to him.
But anyway, next time you're in Perth, please look me up. I'll be more than happy to give you a tour of the police academy and let you have a go of a taser.

I remember Kieran. He was a bit eccentric like :D but a young man of strong spiritual convictions that "parachuted" through the clouds of ignorance into the SMB to liberate us from our own spiritual imprisonment. Think he was a Villa fan but could be wrong. I am sure sure that Kieran will have his second coming when the need is greatest. Oh ye of little faith. :rolleyes:

This entire argument of scumbag young offenders versus angelic police is a bit daft. People are people. I expect the vast majority of police are decent people but that a minority are twats. Same as the rest of us I suppose. I expect that a minority of young offenders are absolute scumbags but that the majority can be reformed. Education may be the answer. I know one lad that went from being a young offender to obtaining a Masters degree from the Royal College of Art. In the QS World University Rankings, the RCA was placed first in the art and design subjects. That talent was first spotted by prison staff who played a primary role in it being realised. It's not all black and white. People are people.

It's been said that this sad and tragic incident should only be of interest to the immediate family, the neighbours and the police force in question. Well that's not really true. What about the people of Telford, Shropshire and the overall jurisdiction of West Mercia Police. It's a matter of public interest to the rest of the country. We have policing by consensus in this country and so the police should be accountable. How that works in practice may be different. A problem I find with cases involving the IPCC is that despite disciplinary measures being applied, actual prosecutions are rare. However, this will be a high profile investigation and the only issue that matters is what happened on that night when Dalian Atkinson was killed.

I remember Kieran. He was a bit eccentric like :D but a young man of strong spiritual convictions that "parachuted" through the clouds of ignorance into the SMB to liberate us from our own spiritual imprisonment. Think he was a Villa fan but could be wrong. I am sure sure that Kieran will have his second coming when the need is greatest. Oh ye of little faith. :rolleyes:

This entire argument of scumbag young offenders versus angelic police is a bit daft. People are people. I expect the vast majority of police are decent people but that a minority are twats. Same as the rest of us I suppose. I expect that a minority of young offenders are absolute scumbags but that the majority can be reformed. Education may be the answer. I know one lad that went from being a young offender to obtaining a Masters degree from the Royal College of Art. In the QS World University Rankings, the RCA was placed first in the art and design subjects. That talent was first spotted by prison staff who played a primary role in it being realised. It's not all black and white. People are people.

It's been said that this sad and tragic incident should only be of interest to the immediate family, the neighbours and the police force in question. Well that's not really true. What about the people of Telford, Shropshire and the overall jurisdiction of West Mercia Police. It's a matter of public interest to the rest of the country. We have policing by consensus in this country and so the police should be accountable. How that works in practice may be different. A problem I find with cases involving the IPCC is that despite disciplinary measures being applied, actual prosecutions are rare. However, this will be a high profile investigation and the only issue that matters is what happened on that night when Dalian Atkinson was killed.
Probably the most sensible post on this thread. Have a like MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back