DAB Car radios

Anyone got recommendations on one? Is it as simple as buying the fucker and fitting it or do I need to get stuff done with the aerial etc too? Haven't a clue about stuff like this but the radio in my car is shite and only has about 4 stations you can get clearly.
You’ll need an aerial to go with it. The odds of you car having a DAB module already in the diversity antennae but not a DAB capable head unit are slim to none.

Edit: Christ, bit of a resurrection like.

Bumping this thread as couldn't find anything with info. Looking for somewhere that'll fit a dab radio to my ancient car. Think I've found a decent deal on amazon but need someone to fit the head unit, parking sensor and my dash cams. Anyone got any reliable recommendations that won't cost the earth?
What car do you have?

I bought a one from wish. £15 and it works a treat. No instructions and I made a Mistake at first but now it's superb. I've a brand new bmw and this one reception is just as good as that.

You’ll need an aerial to go with it. The odds of you car having a DAB module already in the diversity antennae but not a DAB capable head unit are slim to none.

Edit: Christ, bit of a resurrection like.
I've just used a splitter so the dab radio works off my normal aerial. And this is on my 35 year old campervan with one of those old aerials.

Is it just my car or can you only get Absolute 80s and 90s on car DAB? I know they (Absolute Radio) have channels dedicated to other decades but they dont show up on my cars list no matter how often i refresh the list.

One thing i found with the dab in my car was that i kept getting drop outs regularly until one day i took out a usb adapter i had plugged in the cigarette lighter so i could plug my tyre compressor in to pump up my tyres. After i had finished my tyres i forgot to plug the usb adapter back in. From then on no drop outs or at least very rarely, i did a test while driving, popped the usb adapter in and sure enough my dab dropped out two or three times over the next 10 minutes, when the dab dropped out i quickly pulled the adapter out and dab came back instantly.
Googled it and it’s a known thing, don’t use the adapter anymore and no dab issues. If you are having dab signal issues and you have anything plugged into the cigarette lighter socket then try it, might work for you as it has for me and others.

The sound quality for music is terrible on DAB, I always listen on FM. I found out by accident and when I read up about, it’s true.
It was supposed to be loads BETTER, but they realised they could compress it as much as they wanted - and so of course that's what happened. So instead of say 40 national DAB stations with great sound, we get 80 with half as good sound, of which 40 are total shite anyway

Buy an inexpensive FM transmitter; connect it to your smart phone and listen to internet radio via FM setting on the car radio. Works better than the the DAB radio in my DB9
hats whay i do, i use TuneIn and BB Sounds, and Apple music, but the only downside is when the lads are playing away from home and its on DAB only, and i'll be buggered if im spending even more on an Audio Streaming pass, there should be a dodgy app that streams the footie match audios

I bought a Sony MEX-N7300BD from Halfords. Cost me £134 plus £25 for the windscreen aerial.
Superb sound and very little drop out. Has a cd, usb and Bluetooth plus it's removable.

Back