DAB Car radios

Anyone got recommendations on one? Is it as simple as buying the fucker and fitting it or do I need to get stuff done with the aerial etc too? Haven't a clue about stuff like this but the radio in my car is shite and only has about 4 stations you can get clearly.

Don’t bother. They’re shit.
Thought I was going mad the first time I heard mine repeat what had just been said.
And they lose signal more than FM.
this.loads of deadzones still and it`ll switch itself to FM to compensate which is about a minute behind...mind the upside is i get a second go at popmaster:cool:

The missus' new car has it, and the stations available are great - but it does cut out a lot around here.

Mine’s brilliant. Nowt like listening to a 1959 episode of The Goons on radio 4 extra followed by a spot of Jazz FM of a morning.

Don’t bother. They’re shit.
Thought I was going mad the first time I heard mine repeat what had just been said.
And they lose signal more than FM.
Bad advice.

To the op. If you do go for a dab after the dab itself the main thing you need is a decent dab roof mounted aerial. Dont even attempt to use the windscreen mount aerial as they are shit. A decent branded aerial with cabling will knock you back around £70. Then it needs fitted. Bear in mind if you have a rear view dash cam this can affect a dab signal.

If set up correctly with a decent roof aerial dab is fantastic in a car. Check out dabonwheels for a decent aerial.

Anyone got recommendations on one? Is it as simple as buying the fucker and fitting it or do I need to get stuff done with the aerial etc too? Haven't a clue about stuff like this but the radio in my car is shite and only has about 4 stations you can get clearly.
^^

Mine works really well, never had any cut outs like. I knew they were an issue but just presumed they were now a thing of the past.

I have one and get cracking reception for radio5 live and Planet Rock, but I do live in Hampshire. You get far more stations to select when you go to London.

Back