DAB Car radios

I do it for about 18 hours a week and it doesn’t seem to make that much of a dent in my data.
Might look into that then, as I quite fancy something different on a morning. Done loads of books and podcasts, but hardly discover any new music these days.

Might look into that then, as I quite fancy something different on a morning. Done loads of books and podcasts, but hardly discover any new music these days.
Depends how much spare data you have I suppose. It’s video that chews out your data .

Cannot recommend one as mine was already a factory fit in the car, but I have had no problems at all, the only time I have ever known it lose a signal is in tunnels.

Great to be able to get a good signal on Radio 5, unlike the AM version of it!

The DAB in mine rarely cuts out, absolutely superb to have quality radio reception and that range of Channels available.

Mind you since subscribing to Spotify I tend to hook that up using Bluetooth and play podcasts and my own playlists.

Don’t bother. They’re shit.
Thought I was going mad the first time I heard mine repeat what had just been said.
And they lose signal more than FM.

I’ve not had a single issue with mine. Have four cars with it in.
Only down once with a service to the transmitter or something.

Mad driving over the A66 as when you pass the Cumbria boarder sign the signa just dies. But it's exactly the oppositw when you travel back into County Durham.

I streamed union jack dab station on my phone at graft a few weeks back, f***ing hammered my data.

HQ audio (320kbps) uses around 100 mb per hour, but I think a lot of streaming over 4G runs at half that.

Sounds about right, I probably go through about 5 gig a month.

The one is my VW Golf is ok with BBC stations but Talksport off and on all the time.

It'll Talksport weak signal more likely though.

Mine’s spot on and rarely loses signal but it’s just the one that comes with the C-Max. I bought the Mrs (no) one from Halfords with a DAB aerial and it’s equally as good but has a couple of wires that need to be routed out of the way.

Bumping this thread as couldn't find anything with info. Looking for somewhere that'll fit a dab radio to my ancient car. Think I've found a decent deal on amazon but need someone to fit the head unit, parking sensor and my dash cams. Anyone got any reliable recommendations that won't cost the earth?

Bumping this thread as couldn't find anything with info. Looking for somewhere that'll fit a dab radio to my ancient car. Think I've found a decent deal on amazon but need someone to fit the head unit, parking sensor and my dash cams. Anyone got any reliable recommendations that won't cost the earth?
You will need a dab aerial aswell as they are different.

Try Tony's car audio near b,&q.

Mine works really well, never had any cut outs like. I knew they were an issue but just presumed they were now a thing of the past.
Aye I didn't know people had issues with them.
Think they have been in my last 4 cars, just thought it was the preferred receiver choice for most people who had them.
Plus could you not just download some podcasts in house on WiFi then just listen in car?

Back