Cyclists on the road...

Status
Not open for further replies.

i cycle for pleasure. on the road.

despite the rules, i still cannot understand why commuting or sporting cyclists need to cycle side by side, similar to head cams they are usually radgey little shits who are looking for a confrontation.
Because they are self important little wannabes who believe their expensive bikes and lurid cycle wear are deserving of extra privilege.
They should be subject to the exact same regulations, charges etc that apply to motorcyclists.

angry little man
You were spot on with every word

No it isn't. What takes longer to get past safely, two cyclists riding behind each other, or two abreast?
May need post grad qualifications to work that one out

Last edited:
I like cyclists on the road me like - slow down you bastards.

A yard/meter out from the kerb. Just like the advise they give you when you're driving a car ...

I always stick myself in the middle of the lane when traffic islands are coming up or if the road is narrow and there is oncoming traffic. Stops cars overtaking dangerously. Doesn't unfortunately stop them on some roads overtaking at a junction and cutting across in front of me missing me by about a foot or two. One road in particular as I ride home from work is ridiculous for people taking risks around me and involves a duel carriageway slightly downhill to a roundabout that sits above the A19, I do 20mph+ the whole way down the road as it's slightly downhill and yet despite this it seems I'm still going too slow for some pricks who cut me up or overtake by inches every single time I'm on it and it's always at its worst as I head home after a night shift at around 08.30

Because they are self important little wannabes who believe their expensive bikes and lurid cycle wear are deserving of extra privilege.
They should be subject to the exact same regulations, charges etc that apply to motorcyclists.

And what f***ing charges are those? Christ you're a f***ing arsehole

No it isn't. What takes longer to get past safely, two cyclists riding behind each other, or two abreast?

That's the key, those who take risks going past cyclists couldn't give a fuck about their safety so single file is always going to be quicker for them

Last edited:

A cyclist bucked your Serena Williams lookalike wife didn't they

I'm a driver, motorcyclist and car driver and there's enough space for everyone on the roads.

Car drivers are driving a loaded weapon and should be considerate of all other road users

Motorcyclists sometimes lane stride which gets my goat.

Cyclists who aren't road proficient should stick to cycle paths.

All others are welcome in my opinion

I'm always wary of a cyclist and a motorcyclist as last thing I'd want is a death on my hands and these are most vulnerable on the road.

But who pays for all the cycle lanes? Highways agency? They just make a road small by painting a cycle lane near the kerb.

Why not have a cycle tax, this money is then used to make safer cycle routes and everyone is happy

I'm always wary of a cyclist and a motorcyclist as last thing I'd want is a death on my hands and these are most vulnerable on the road.

But who pays for all the cycle lanes? Highways agency? They just make a road small by painting a cycle lane near the kerb.

Why not have a cycle tax, this money is then used to make safer cycle routes and everyone is happy
Who would pay a cycle tax and how would you enforce it?

If the answer is "cyclists" then any tax would discourage people cycling and outweigh the benefits of more people cycling and being healthier (and the benefits to the NHS etc)

For instance: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....yling-is-great-for-everyone-not-just-cyclists

What charges would those be then Des?

One single rider should take up the space of two riders and that's the way I'm riding from now on. I feel much safer as cars and trucks have to slow down to pass me rather than trying to get past quickly by squeezing thru. I don't care of it's a 60 mph road or a 30 you will give me room or you're going to court.

Are you one of those who cycle at about 25mph making you too slow to be behind but an awkward speed to overtake without getting a ticket.

Also do you stay in the middle of your lane when you get to traffic lights or do you squeeze down the side to get to the front

What about those wanker cyclists who use the road when there is a cycle lane on the path next to the road?
Like me. Becaise it's my right to use the roads like anyone else.

He hasn't answered cos the fuckwit was going to trot out road tax marra but somehow he realised that would make him look like a complete and utter spenk
Doesn't need to trot that out to look like what you say. Everyone on here already thinks he's a f***ing weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back