Cyclists on the road...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rule 66:
never ride more than two abreast, and ride in single file on narrow or busy roads or when riding round bends
This is like the yanks and the second amendment rights, they just read the bits they want to.

It's their Lane. It's no different to passing a car or any other vehicle. I was nearly knocked off the other week by a truck not giving me enough room and luckily had my helmet cam on. About half a mile along the road were two motorcycle police with a speed gun. I stopped and complained and showed them the footage. They radioed ahead and got the driver and cautioned him for dangerous driving. He's in court soon. Anyway my point is they told me I should ride a lot further out in the road as it stops vehicles trying to squeeze past and it's my lane not theirs. I'm entitled to be there and if you dont give me enough room then I'm happily going to go to the police about YOUR bad driving. Sorry for the rant

..who ride ALONGSIDE each other....pack it in please. I don't mind cyclists in general btw, but this is an unsafe habit.
Just f***ing wait.

My mate died last week because someone couldn't wait 10 seconds.

f***ing self important ****

It's their Lane. It's no different to passing a car or any other vehicle. I was nearly knocked off the other week by a truck not giving me enough room and luckily had my helmet cam on. About half a mile along the road were two motorcycle police with a speed gun. I stopped and complained and showed them the footage. They radioed ahead and got the driver and cautioned him for dangerous driving. He's in court soon. Anyway my point is they told me I should ride a lot further out in the road as it stops vehicles trying to squeeze past and it's my lane not theirs. I'm entitled to be there and if you dont give me enough room then I'm happily going to go to the police about YOUR bad driving. Sorry for the rant
You f***ing legend

A yard/meter out from the kerb. Just like the advise they give you when you're driving a car ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back