Cyclist found jointly liable for hitting pedestrian in road reading mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's the one with the cycle lanes just west of the station then I'm familiar with it too. It's an absolutely f***ing ridiculous junction full of entitled twats on bikes thinking pedestrians are 'muppets' and shouting 'oi' and never, ever slowing down to cope with the crowded conditions. It's a classic example of why cycling so-called 'infrastructure' doesn't work in central London.
:lol::lol:

You for not checking your mirror. A motorcyclist did the same to me, overtook me as I was turning right. If I hadn’t have caught him in my mirror at the last minute, he would have died.

Idiots.
I had checked and knew he was very close behind me, too close, I think, to see my indicators. I still never dreamed that he would try to overtake me, fortunately I was driving very slowly.

Should people who don't pay tax be allowed to ring the police if they are getting assaulted? I think not!:evil:
'road tax' only covers 50% of what is actually spent on roads anyway. Cyclists should be able to use 50% of the roads by some of the daft arguments on here. Take out the motorways and dual carriageways and that is probably what you are left with anyway.

Imagine comparing a car to a cyclist.
Cyclists should not be on the road they don’t pay tax or insurance.
Easy peasy.

I carry 2 mobiles now when walking.
1. To use zombie style and switch off from the world
And the other to throw at passing cyclists (only on the road or other un designated cycle paths) of course. I’m not an animal.

She was probably using the calculator on her phone to see if she could afford a shower when she got in.

By your logic pedestrians shouldn’t be allowed on the road either, strictly speaking neither should car drivers as they don’t pay road tax either.

Should classic cars and electric vehicles be on the road, as they don't pay tax either?
Of course.....they have a law to stick too and have insurance.

By your logic pedestrians shouldn’t be allowed on the road either, strictly speaking neither should car drivers as they don’t pay road tax either.
Pedestrians should really stick to designated crossings for ultimate safety. But no need to mow them down on a silent killer. The car drivers don’t pay road tax? I know you don’t understand insurance but this is taking the biscuit.

Last edited:
When I used to commute on my bike I used to have insurance on my bike which included me hitting people etc. I think if all cyclists did this it might lessen some of the cyclist hate
Not that I'd risk the roads on a bike, I'd be happy with my own insurance and forward/rear headcam ;)

If everyone had insurance then dodgy crash for cash claims would soon abuse that (if they already don't) as easier to fake and premiums for genuine people would shoot up!

Of course.....they have a law to stick too and have insurance.

Pedestrians should really stick to designated crossings for ultimate safety. But no need to mow them down on a silent killer. The car drivers don’t pay road tax? I know you don’t understand insurance but this is taking the biscuit.

They don’t.

More proof you know the square root of fuck all about traffic laws.

The speed limit for cars is proven to save lives therefore any comparison to cars is futile.
Cyclists think they own the road.
Grow up man. Get the bus or use the car.

They don’t.

Okay the owner?

Last edited:
They don’t.

Gloat away about road tax and traffic laws - the same laws which currently only have something about Victorian horses with which to charge cyclists who kill through negligence. But yeah, it's funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back