Cyberpunk 2077

Bought this for £14.99 on CDkeys and it’s great at that price. Decent GTA rip-off with RPG character progression and a canny Blade Runner aesthetic.

The hacking, stealth, mods etc give it some depth but even after a year of bug fixes NPCs float around in mid air, get stuck in the stairs, the game crashes on saving, if you have too many save games etc etc.

There’s a tipping point before midway when you think “is this worth the bother?”

Their advertising campaign was unethical to say the least. If I’d paid full whack for it before release I’d be absolutely foaming.
:lol: I got it as a Xmas pressie but it was unplayable on PS4, had to buy a PS5 to play it.

Hope there are some decent games to come for the console, none of the PS5 releases has piqued my interest so far.

Finished this last night, very good game. A shame they felt the need to release it when it wasn’t ready last year like as the amount of work that’s went into building the world is incredible. Felt abit like vice city back in the day when driving along empty roads like :lol:

:lol: I got it as a Xmas pressie but it was unplayable on PS4, had to buy a PS5 to play it.

Hope there are some decent games to come for the console, none of the PS5 releases has piqued my interest so far.
Is it any good on PS5? We had it on xbox one and it was nigh on unplayable and it looked terrible.

We have a PS5 now though, and might give the game another try if it's worthwhile.

Is it any good on PS5? We had it on xbox one and it was nigh on unplayable and it looked terrible.

We have a PS5 now though, and might give the game another try if it's worthwhile.
Yes, it plays pretty well, far smoother and only came across a few glitches,

It didn't blow me away like The Witcher 3 did but that was my first real go at an RPG. Still enjoyed the game, Night City and surrounding world is good. Cars drive surprising well for a non driving game and the action is good with some pretty interesting weapons - I enjoyed slashing people to bits with the monowire.

I'd recommend playing the PS4 version on the PS5.

It was good, I enjoyed it but it did still crash quite a bit, that was it though, very few other glitches.

Looking forward to seeing the PS5 version (free upgrade later this year) but suspect it could come with a load of new glitches and much like the first release take a few months before it is stable.

Yes, it plays pretty well, far smoother and only came across a few glitches,

It didn't blow me away like The Witcher 3 did but that was my first real go at an RPG. Still enjoyed the game, Night City and surrounding world is good. Cars drive surprising well for a non driving game and the action is good with some pretty interesting weapons - I enjoyed slashing people to bits with the monowire.

Was sound on the ps5 eventually, initally it played canny until one of the updates corrupted my save files so I didnt go back to it till may when the last big patch dropped.
They should’ve knocked it back a year release date wise like halo infinite did but money talks and cd project red ain’t Microsoft :lol:.
Keanus Porsche was an absolute nightmare to drive like, could literally not go in a straight line :lol:
I’ll go back to it to finish the side missions when the next gen update/dlc is all out

Was sound on the ps5 eventually, initally it played canny until one of the updates corrupted my save files so I didnt go back to it till may when the last big patch dropped.
They should’ve knocked it back a year release date wise like halo infinite did but money talks and cd project red ain’t Microsoft :lol:.
Keanus Porsche was an absolute nightmare to drive like, could literally not go in a straight line :lol:
I’ll go back to it to finish the side missions when the next gen update/dlc is all out
I know what you mean. Most of my gaming has been driving games - Gran Turismo mostly. I could never drive RWD Porsches without traction control or a load of fiddling with tune settings.

They should’ve knocked it back a year release date wise like halo infinite did but money talks and cd project red ain’t Microsoft .:lol:

Exactly. Once they decided that date was final they also had to not show last gen footage before release otherwise loads would have cancelled pre orders

Is this the upgrade to make actually work properly across the PS4? Been waiting ages for that

It's the next gen update so optimised for the next gen systems and not just running the PS4 version with the better machine.

The page on PSN recommends not to play on PS4 still.
Isn't the upgrade free? Worth buying at that price even if you don't play it until the upgrade.

Can we believe them is the question? Id have said 99% yes before Cyberpunk came out.

I take your point though.

Last edited:
It's the next gen update so optimised for the next gen systems and not just running the PS4 version with the better machine.

Can we believe them is the question? Id have said 99% yes before Cyberpunk came out.

Just checked and they are still slamming it for the amount of bugs still on PS4. Forgot all about this game until I saw you post earlier, I was looking forward to it ages ago

Aye their reputation has certainly taken a well deserved hit which is a shame as the way they handled all the updates for the witcher 3 was excellent. Will be hard for them to rebuild that reputation.

Just checked and they are still slamming it for the amount of bugs still on PS4. Forgot all about this game until I saw you post earlier, I was looking forward to it ages ago

I had it pre ordered until about a week before when the murmurings began about they were not showing any current gen footage. Glad I sacked it off.
Aye their reputation has certainly taken a well deserved hit which is a shame as the way they handled all the updates for the witcher 3 was excellent. Will be hard for them to rebuild that reputation.

The Witcher 3 ps5 upgrade is the thing I'm looking for the most from them next. I never finished the second DLC as by the time I went to it I had no clue what I was doing. This way I can go through the whole thing again in one go.

I bet I end up buying the main game again though as I have the disk version and it's bound to be loud. It's on PSN digitally for like £7 canny often so no great shakes.

Last edited:

Back