Cummings - one rule for us...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't get this, this wouldn't be as bad if he'd just come out from the start and said I panicked broke the rules I'm sorry I'll pay a fine and hope you can forgive me a massive misjudgement at this unprecedented time. Instead he's lied doubled downed on his actions being ok and within the rules and it's dangerous and is pissing people off even more. Then you have bo Jo and his cronies falling over themselves to back him again making it even worse. Very strange actions all round.
In his 1924 book, “Mein Kampf,” Hitler describedstrategy for how his then-neophyte Nazi party could seize power through the use of propaganda and psychological manipulation.

According to Hitler's demented worldview, a leader must “fill people with blind faith” that he and his party doctrine are absolutely and unquestionably correct. The leader must create an army of “intellectually less capable men” who are instilled with “rigid discipline and fanatical faith” for the cause, and each follower must be “taught to stake his life for it without reservation.”

To keep the flock obedient, the leader and the party must always appear to be absolutely correct. The party’s pronouncements must be “unshakable,” “dogmatic,” “creedlike,” and always seem like a “granite principle.”

Objective truth and reality are disregarded. It is far more important to cling to what was said initially in order to maintain the impression of always being right, even if the original pronouncement was flatly wrong. As Hitler states, “t is less harmful to retain a formulation, even if it should not entirely correspond to reality, than by improving it” to correct the error.

Questioning authority, of course, is abhorrent to authoritarian rule. Hitler warnedthat the party must avoid “all actions that splinter and create uncertainty.”
The lesson is that when the leader or the party is questioned, the response must be to fight. Fight everything. Concede nothing. Maintain a unified front. Project total power and absolute certainty.

The purpose of Hitler’s approach was to condition the people to mindlessly follow the leader regardless of the leader’s policies or conduct.

So what happens when you makes an idiotic mistake? Deny it. Fight like mad. Maintain the unified front. The truth does not matter one bit.

Admitting a mistake could very well lead to evil consequences. Once your faithful realize that you do indeed make foolish mistakes, they might very well begin to question the legitimacy of the overall mystique.

This could lead to discussion, squabbles, uncertainty, and doubt. One little crack in the façade could cause the entire edifice to crumble.

Best part were he said

I spoke to boris about my trip up to Durham

But we were so out of it with the virus we probably couldn't remember much about the conversation

How convenient 😂

Makes me howl where the press say British people are scared to go back to normal once lockdown is over

Utter bollocks

Ah, yes,The Prince Andrew defence !!

You are either with the elites, or against the elites! (or have no affiliation to either position and are just fairly neutral about it all)

I love this narrative from the SMB’s intellectually challenged

“Eee well, it’s what we all would have done”

Sure - loads of people have made lockdown transgressions, but not everyone gets to make the rules, break the rules and have the govt back you for breaking the rules.

People have missed their relatives’ final moments. They’ve left their elderly parents in care homes, with no visitors for months. They’ve made do with what they’ve had because panic-buying arseholes have emptied the shelves.

Meanwhile, this lad makes the rules, then breaks the rules, lies about it on live TV and the PM just shrugs it off.
This is true for the Cummings as well. Probably shouldn't have travelled up to Durham, but it was hardly a holiday.

This is true for the Cummings as well. Probably shouldn't have travelled up to Durham, but it was hardly a holiday.

No probably about it.

And his little day trip was either that, a little day trip, or a potentially illegal journey based on him driving in order to find out if he was fit to drive.

I just don't get this, this wouldn't be as bad if he'd just come out from the start and said I panicked broke the rules I'm sorry I'll pay a fine and hope you can forgive me a massive misjudgement at this unprecedented time. Instead he's lied doubled downed on his actions being ok and within the rules and it's dangerous and is pissing people off even more. Then you have bo Jo and his cronies falling over themselves to back him again making it even worse. Very strange actions all round.
Quite.

There have been so many opportunities to quash it, and they keep doubling down. I almost wonder whether it’s some deranged strategy

I love this narrative from the SMB’s intellectually challenged

“Eee well, it’s what we all would have done”

Sure - loads of people have made lockdown transgressions, but not everyone gets to make the rules, break the rules and have the govt back you for breaking the rules.

People have missed their relatives’ final moments. They’ve left their elderly parents in care homes, with no visitors for months. They’ve made do with what they’ve had because panic-buying arseholes have emptied the shelves.

Meanwhile, this lad makes the rules, then breaks the rules, lies about it on live TV and the PM just shrugs it off.
You’re forgetting that the ones defending him are also the ones on threads about beach parties and neighbours having barbecues saying how those people are irresponsible and should be birched.

No probably about it.

And his little day trip was either that, a little day trip, or a potentially illegal journey based on him driving in order to find out if he was fit to drive.
I think a lot pf people, had they been flatterned with corvid, would have a little run out to make sure they were alright to drive, before making the 300 mile trip to London.

I think a lot pf people, had they been flatterned with corvid, would have a little run out to make sure they were alright to drive, before making the 300 mile trip to London.
If he was flattened with COVID as his wife says then he wouldn’t have been able to drive full stop. They certainly wouldn’t have taken their entire families to Barnard castle for the day. And they certainly wouldn’t have tried to protect their child by locking inside a car for 4-5 hours with someone who was allegedly suffering from it. Keep on digging though.

And he’s such a genius that not only did he think he could amend his blog to make himself look like a genius, he copied the amendment from somewhere else.

If he was flattened with COVID as his wife says then he wouldn’t have been able to drive full stop. They certainly wouldn’t have taken their entire families to Barnard castle for the day. And they certainly wouldn’t have tried to protect their child by locking inside a car for 4-5 hours with someone who was allegedly suffering from it. Keep on digging though.

And he’s such a genius that not only did he think he could amend his blog to make himself look like a genius, he copied the amendment from somewhere else.

They weren't flatterned on their drive up, and they went to Barnard after they had recovered. But you know that.

Have a word with yourself man.

:lol: Aye if they were stupid, selfish idiots happy to put others at risk.
Would all these ‘lots of people’ you are on about chuck a child in the back as well just to really test their eyes out in the car? Ffs.

They weren't flatterned on their drive up, and they went to Barnard after they had recovered. But you know that.
If they weren’t flattened they had no reason to go, especially if they were showing symptoms, the instruction was clear, if you are showing symptoms do not leave the house.
His own wife said he was flawed with it for 10 days to the extent she thought he might need to go into Intensive Care

Logon or register to see this image

Yes they were. His wife wrote an article saying exactly that.

He was so flattened by the disease he couldn’t get out of bed for 10 days. This was written on April 23rd about the period following March 28th.
The drive up didn't take 10 days. He was ill after getting to Durham.

If they weren’t flattened they had no reason to go, especially if they were showing symptoms, the instruction was clear, if you are showing symptoms do not leave the house.
His own wife said he was flawed with it for 10 days to the extent she thought he might need to go into Intensive Care

Logon or register to see this image
“The almost comical uncertainty of London lockdown”

From 260 miles away in County Durham? No wonder they were uncertain if they get Barney Castle and north London confused with each other.

Have a word with yourself man.

:lol: Aye if they were stupid, selfish idiots happy to put others at risk.
Would all these ‘lots of people’ you are on about chuck a child in the back as well just to really test their eyes out in the car? Ffs.
If you feel yourself fit and ready for work, amd ready to drive, maybe. Definitely riskier just going ahead with the long drive.

Anyone buying that jumping in a car with your family and driving for an hour because you had concerns about your vision is absolutely crazy.

It’s a crime for starters.

Also Potentially Endangers yourself, family, cyclists, pedestrians, other drivers, paramedics, firefighters, police, nurses, doctors.

Is it much different to saying I was just testing my vision was ok after having 4 pints?
If you feel yourself fit and ready for work, amd ready to drive, maybe. Definitely riskier just going ahead with the long drive.

No. A car with an unfit driver can kill people. Simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back