Cummings - one rule for us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

What has he got on Boris Johnson? Surely he will realise that it's not worth the hassle and just sack him? Unless he's got deep dirt.

Anyway if 40 Tory MPs resign will there be 40 by-elections or not?
They won’t resign as MPs, they will resign from government positions (if they have them). Or potentially leave the party (I think that’s unlikely for most)

That's why I'm inclined to believe he's got a full blown God complex or he's a proper psychopath. He classes himself intellectually superior and untouchable. It's all a game to him, toying with everyone for his own sport. It really is compulsive viewing. I'm no expert but our lass loves all the serial killer shit and from what she's shown me he comes across as a Ted Bundy but without the charm and empathy. :lol:
Now there's a sentence you don't expect to write.
I have thought for a while that he is Autistic, Psychopath you could well be right, he clearly thinks he is well above the rest of us.

Can't they just cross the floor to other parties?
They can cross the floor, but the rules to force a recall and by-election are pretty stringent
Details of the Act
Section 1 sets out the circumstances in which the Speaker of the House of Commons would trigger the recall process, namely:

• A custodial prison sentence of a year or less—longer sentences automatically disqualify MPs without need for a petition;
  • Suspension from the House of least 10 sitting days or 14 calendar days, following a report by the Committee on Standards;
  • A conviction for providing false or misleading expenses claims.

Sections 7–11 outline the procedure whereby the petition is forwarded by the electoral returning officer for the constituency to the MP's constituents for ratification, approval by 10% of the registered electors triggering the loss of the MP's seat and a by-election.

Section 15 confirms that the seat becomes vacant if the petition is successful, if it has not already been vacated by disqualification or death, or otherwise.

Sections 16-22 make further provisions, including outlawing forecasts of the outcome of active recall petitions which are based on statements from or surveys of potential signatories

Or, and hear me out, Dom wasn't entirely forthright in his confession

Best part were he said

I spoke to boris about my trip up to Durham

But we were so out of it with the virus we probably couldn't remember much about the conversation

How convenient 😂

Makes me howl where the press say British people are scared to go back to normal once lockdown is over

Utter bollocks

Last edited:
What has he got on Boris Johnson? Surely he will realise that it's not worth the hassle and just sack him? Unless he's got deep dirt.

Anyway if 40 Tory MPs resign will there be 40 by-elections or not?
They won't resign, they are all pigs at the trough, they will whisper and tweet but they won't make a stand, shame it's only 40, I can't think that the rest really believe he is innocent.

They won’t resign as MPs, they will resign from government positions (if they have them). Or potentially leave the party (I think that’s unlikely for most)

There is a small possibility that if Government keep on making such a mess of this that someone might stand down, forcing a very interesting by election

A lot of MPs with good careers outside of politics might not want to be associated with this shit show.

I wasn't sure how this would go, as they've behaved appallingly for years but nobody seems to care, seems like the Cummings story is cutting through though to some degree.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back