CR's Epiphanic Booing Thread

So far we have England in the lead with booing both opposing anthems, one of these has an asterisk though as it was an historic rivaly so 4 points to England
Scotland joined the fray to get 1 point for booing England, similar asterisk and just the one point

subsets:

Booing the knee: Russia at a level 7 booing Belgium, England at a level 1 for booing their own team which shows proper devotion to booing in my view

Throwing missiles on the pitch: France vs Hungary, not happy with the state of their team and alleged time wasting many bottles at the opposing goalie
Do you not think the quality of the national anthem is also integral to this scoring? A bad band will be booed off, while a good band cheered. Just food for thought

such historic rivalries certainly get an asterisk and are considered outside of routinely booing the opposing team's anthem
Surely booing other teams anthems will cause future rivalries? I've never booed another anthem for the record, but perhaps it could be the way forward? If everyone starts been nice to each other, then rivalry all dies does it not? (From a sporting point of view)

Surely booing other teams anthems will cause future rivalries? I've never booed another anthem for the record, but perhaps it could be the way forward? If everyone starts been nice to each other, then rivalry all dies does it not? (From a sporting point of view)

any conclusions you wish to draw from the data is for you to choose

no because having respect for the opposing anthem is inherently showing respect for their poor choices in such also
That sounds a bit 2 faced to me. If you don't like something, you should tell them . Being nice for the sake of being nice is wrong surely? You are a clever poster, who it seems split the board. I don't actually mind you. I don't agree with you all time by any means, and you like to prod the wasp nest sometimes for a reaction.

Enjoy ya weekend, and i will check this vary suspect Euro scoring tomorrow

That sounds a bit 2 faced to me. If you don't like something, you should tell them . Being nice for the sake of being nice is wrong surely? You are a clever poster, who it seems split the board. I don't actually mind you. I don't agree with you all time by any means, and you like to prod the wasp nest sometimes for a reaction.

Enjoy ya weekend, and i will check this vary suspect Euro scoring tomorrow

I honestly didn't expect it to be just England doing this, I was in the "everyone does it" camp but thanks for your critique, means a lot etc

POR vs GER

another match in blazing hot conditions

stadium with restricted capacity

both sides observed the anthems with respect, some whistling but not booing

no taking a knee
So is this data going to be verified and published in something like the Lancet or some other reputable publication. Or is it just in your head or on the back of a fag packet ??
you'd consider this medical would you?

POR vs GER

another match in blazing hot conditions

stadium with restricted capacity

both sides observed the anthems with respect, some whistling but not booing

no taking a knee

you'd consider this medical would you?
or some other reputable publication. Again very selective in what you see...

Firstly, respect for your service in the British Army, and second I am not bigoted or lacking in intelligence as you accuse. I am a Solicitor-Advocate and so I also uphold the rule of law to the best of my ability too, trying cases regularly in the Crown Court and I know us lawyers take a lot of stock but Jesus Christ the police are not without bias and bigotry so I wouldn’t throw too many stones on that score. Unlike you I also respect freedom of expression and freedom of speech and am not brainwashed by this PC crap that anyone who doesn’t subscribe to the BLM mantra is unintelligent or bigoted. Congrats on your username, very apt 😘

as for where I got evidence of “that diatribe”? Can you be more specific? I was up there defending the Winston Churchill state myself with other people who found that a step too far. Why would you think as an ex serviceman and a copper that it’s a good idea for these terrorists to destroy Winston Churchill’s statue as part of a mob-rule over reaction to the unrelated death of a criminal 3,000 miles away? And you think to allow that is to uphold the rule of law? Wow!
I genuinely think you’ve got my post mixed up with someone else’s mate.
Look at what I posted. I said that we have a minutes applause now because we can’t trust people to keep quiet for 60 seconds to show respect for someone any more.
You just saw my post and used it as a platform to express your thoughts which is what you did again on your reply.
I spoke about my previous and current occupations to demonstrate that I’m a decent person who values respect. Simple as that.
If you’re going to accuse me of not respecting freedom of expression and freedom of speech at least show me where I said that, along with where I said that those who don’t subscribe to the BLM mantra are thick.
As for my username why is it apt? You have no idea where it came from or why I chose it.

I genuinely think you’ve got my post mixed up with someone else’s mate.
Look at what I posted. I said that we have a minutes applause now because we can’t trust people to keep quiet for 60 seconds to show respect for someone any more.
You just saw my post and used it as a platform to express your thoughts which is what you did again on your reply.
I spoke about my previous and current occupations to demonstrate that I’m a decent person who values respect. Simple as that.
If you’re going to accuse me of not respecting freedom of expression and freedom of speech at least show me where I said that, along with where I said that those who don’t subscribe to the BLM mantra are thick.
As for my username why is it apt? You have no idea where it came from or why I chose it.
Cat wtf are you liking that for?

you called me bigoted and unintelligent for choosing to boo taking the knee with not an ounce of consideration as to why I might feel the need to do this. Totally on the bandwagon and scornful of all who see the BLM for what it is. If you want to discuss this I will private message you with my phone number or I can come up and meet you. Happy to have a frank and open discussion where we both agree to listen to each other’s view
Cat wtf are you liking that for?

you called me bigoted and unintelligent for choosing to boo taking the knee with not an ounce of consideration as to why I might feel the need to do this. Totally on the bandwagon and scornful of all who see the BLM for what it is. If you want to discuss this I will private message you with my phone number or I can come up and meet you. Happy to have a frank and open discussion where we both agree to listen to each other’s view
Bet you won’t put a like on this Cat 🐈

Last edited:

Back