CR's Epiphanic Booing Thread

CatRyan

Striker
Was thinking yesterday that I can't think of another country whose fans routinely boo the opposing team's anthem regardless of who they are.
I know some countries have a particular rivalry where it may happen but they don't boo every team they play.
So far in this tournament only England have boo'd their own players and the opposing anthem.

Are there other countries whose fans do this? I'm sure there are, like Turkey? Do they boo their opponents' anthems?

Last edited:

Was thinking yesterday that I can't think of another country whose fans routinely boo the opposing team's anthem regardless of who they are.
I know some countries have a particular rivalry where it may happen but they don't boo every team they play.
So far in this tournament only England have boo'd their own players and the opposing anthem.

Are there other countries whose fans do this? I'm sure there are, like Turkey? Do they boo their opponents' anthems?
Most teams do it, especially Eastern Europeans, but why let facts get in the way of a good whinge, eh?

I know some country's have a particular rivalry where it may happen but they don't boo every team they play.

Been reading the Daily Mail this morning??

Some fans were booing, but not all.

As for the other fans that boo, most East European teams routinely boo the opposition anthem. And GSTQ is booed at deafening volumes when England play at Cardiff or Hampden Park.

Lots have booed our national anthem. Do you think Scotland and Wales don't boo our national anthem? Turkey? Russia etc. I'm pretty sure Croatia, Poland and France have booed our national anthem as well.

We're going into a competitive game where we need any advantage we can get. If it winds up the opposition, good. It's part of the entertainment and I wouldn't care one bit if an opposition crowd booed our national anthem, you take it on the chin.

England fans haven't been booing our own players, a minority have booed what they believe is a political statement, but then you know this. If some other countries were taking the knee, you really would know what booing was like, see Hungary as a prime example. Or have I missed something and our fans have been booing our players during games?

Honestly, some people aren't happy unless they're complaining. Great win yesterday and a very solid, professional performance. It's cracking to see fans back in the ground as well as people all over the country getting out and about to watch the game and celebrate with a drink or two.

Last edited:

Do you only turn the TV on after God Save the Queen has been sung whenever England play anyone? :lol:

The booing of the other team whenever they get the ball is tiring to listen to too.

i love it and i wish we did it more often.

clearly effected the lincoln players the other week, they literally didnt want to touch the ball (ok it wasnt booing, it was just general aggression and 'who the fuck do you think you are'

we did it against the mags one time at home for the first 10 minutes it was class, proper rattled them

Nationalism brings out the worst in our country. Many think that hating and defeating other nations is part of liking your own. The nation has elected some good leaders of this practice.

Do you only turn the TV on after God Save the Queen has been sung whenever England play anyone? :lol:
I remember Spain booing the English anthem a while ago.

Just seems that England do it against everyone and wondering if another country has similar form

Back