Croft Track Day Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never done a track day, but for some reason I imagine them to be really restrictive as to how far you can push the envelope before the instructor tells you to take it easy.

I have however been lucky enough to drive multiple supercars and the like over the years and can honestly say I think I'd rather thrash a Caterham around a track given the choice.

Although I was a passenger in a full race Porsche GT3 many years ago, the name of the driver escapes me but I've never felt adrenaline like it, it wasn't a throttle, it was an on off switch and I'm still not entirely sure he ever hit the brakes. The bloke set out to scare me and he succeeded, although I don't think I lost the grin on my face for a good few days after

Reactions: PTR

Never done a track day, but for some reason I imagine them to be really restrictive as to how far you can push the envelope before the instructor tells you to take it easy.

I have however been lucky enough to drive multiple supercars and the like over the years and can honestly say I think I'd rather thrash a Caterham around a track given the choice.

Although I was a passenger in a full race Porsche GT3 many years ago, the name of the driver escapes me but I've never felt adrenaline like it, it wasn't a throttle, it was an on off switch and I'm still not entirely sure he ever hit the brakes. The bloke set out to scare me and he succeeded, although I don't think I lost the grin on my face for a good few days after
Actually each time I've done a track day the instructor has been telling me to push it more.

Apart from the pic i didn't get much from my day back in the 90s (midlands somewhere).Golf gti showing you lane tips was the best,then 2 ferraris
Best bit was the professional driver taking you round in a Lotus Elise

There is everything wrong with the implication that you had already made your mind up when you didn't. I admit the Ferrari was strong. Very strong. But there was others.

Perhaps about something more serious aye, you aren't being accused of premeditated murder though. You love Ferrari's, it was probably always going to be the Ferrari, you chose the Ferrari.

When I did a track day I chose the Lamborghini Gallardo, I was always going to pick it - just like you and the Ferrari. People have pointed it out and you've got all defensive about it for nowt.

Driving and taking pictures on your mobile. Reported to the police.
Grass :lol:

Pointed at the other side of the road?
Wait until his employer finds out!

Tweet Croft anarl ! @gillythedilf knows the GM, his main priority is safety and behavior like pointing phones at flash cars and schools will not be tolerated!!

You also get a free “Ive driven a fast car” sticker with all midweek bookings before 3!

Last edited:
It'll will have been when he pulled away when the Romanian granny started to shout for help after he molested her.
Good job the track doesn't have a rusty old Trabant, the entire cast of Fast and Furious would struggle to put the fucker together after SBC groped it all over and prodded holes with his raging stiffy

Last edited:
Perhaps about something more serious aye, you aren't being accused of premeditated murder though. You love Ferrari's, it was probably always going to be the Ferrari, you chose the Ferrari.

When I did a track day I chose the Lamborghini Gallardo, I was always going to pick it - just like you and the Ferrari. People have pointed it out and you've got all defensive about it for nowt.

I blinking well know it isn't murder. But fact is I genuinely was torn. The Vantage is a car I would own over the 458 every time. I love everything about them. I am really becoming an Aston man. The McLaren is an excellent substitute for the Ferrari. Just watch Sundays Top Gear. It is the latest supercar name. And it looks the part. They are really making a name. The 458 is a draw because of the name. That is what we all aspire to.

I may yet change my mind.

I blinking well know it isn't murder. But fact is I genuinely was torn. The Vantage is a car I would own over the 458 every time. I love everything about them. I am really becoming an Aston man. The McLaren is an excellent substitute for the Ferrari. Just watch Sundays Top Gear. It is the latest supercar name. And it looks the part. They are really making a name. The 458 is a draw because of the name. That is what we all aspire to.

I may yet change my mind.

Is that why you've clearly spaffed chattie water in your Pokemon y-fronts at every mention of the very mystique, heritage and passion Ferrari that "we" all feel? Not just on this thread mind, your posting history on cars (other than the Abarth is the same).

Do you have any Aston DVDs or pin badges? Maybe 1 or 2 books?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back