1. Ask for help
2. Get lippy at advice giver
3. Act outraged at replies
4. Drop in a bombshell
5. Get giddy with all the attention
6. Offend lass posters with inappropriate patter
7. Get banned from posting on your own thread :lol:

This thread has just gone past step 4

The intention of my original post, against my better judgement I have to say, was to be helpful.

Rather than me listing examples of what I consider to be gentle piss-taking, how about in future you report any examples of what you consider to be hurtful?

We will have a look at them and take whatever action is necessary.

Notwithstanding the above, whilst I think it's generally accepted that you have some interaction difficulties on here, please bear in mind that doesn't give you a free pass to dish out personal abuse to others.

Fair do's. Can't argue with much of that. Though it would have been nice to back up your claim with some proof which would have seen an apology from me since you cannot argue with overwhelming contradictory evidence, but since you were unable to then we will just say shall we that we will leave the jury very much out on that rather than argue till we are blue in the face (a nod perhaps to @Bluepaul) and going back and forth for the next few years arguing as to whether or not there is the presence of supportive posts on this thread. It could overtake the Loch Ness Monster.

I have visions in my head of SBC driving fairly slowly around croft in a super car trying his best to conceal a hard on in his jogging pants.

I think I may need some counselling.
Logon or register to see this image

Why thank you @Laeotaekhun. Good to know I have allies like you, @Effrafax and @niceonemarra.
:lol:That's a cracking posse.

I'm not being arsey when I say that obviously communication isn't your strong suit, but you really need to show a little more restraint with your language.

From what I've read it seems that, peppered with a little of the usual gentle SMB piss takery, most posters seem to be supportive and appreciate your excitement at the prospect.

Instead of shooting from the hip at every perceived dig, you'd be better served by taking a little more notice of those that have had at least some experience of track days.
@Pancho
I wouldn't do this for many people on here but I think you've got him wrong mate. Give him a bit slack.

I'll see yous all in a couple of months.

Last edited:
I do so only because you've knocked this track day down to be something it's absolutely not. Unless you have no sense of appreciation for things that may not mean much to you but are big to others. Look, there may be a half million pound supercar's in every driveway in the street where you live but to me they are something special. I suspect I am not alone either. You don't get to even look at one much less sit in one or drive one most days. When you have never experienced one you can be forgiven for being a little exited, don't you think? We have grown up to believe that supercars like your Lambo's and Ferrari's are the best of cars. So again one should be forgiven for being a little excited.

This video on YouTube says different to you...

That days looks a lot of fun. I cannot wait. I am sure it will be a great day for me. And I am not sorry for you that it won't be for you.
How do you know what it is or isn't, you haven't been yet.

You seem to be getting upset because some people who have been dont rate it. what's wrong with that? You might think paying the best part of 500 quid to sit in someone's car is good value for money, I think it's an absolute rip off.
Someone thought it was a good present for me many years ago. I'm saying it turned out to be a waste of time and something I wouldn't go back to for free if given a chance.

Just go and enjoy yourself.

What a morning! The trackday at Croft was brilliant. The Cayman was fooked this morning so they upgraded to the R8. Even better this year they brought out film footage in addition to pics. So although the R8 didn't have in-car film and pics recording to a memory stick which you can purchase it was available for the Ferrari and the McLaren. I began with all C's on the assessment card for the Audi but for the Ferrari got B's for gears and response to instruction. But in the McLaren I got B's for braking, gears and steering and C+ for racing line, acceleration and technique but an A for response to instruction. So I was progressively getting better. And words such as "very steady drive" and "good effort and getting better were" used in the comments section.

Even though I was as, far as speed went, very tentative and yes maybe lacking in confidence, I think certainly, I didn't just "let go". I didn't just do everything I was doing but do it faster (I noticed I for some reason couldn't get up to about 90 mph or whatever like I should have and was keeping to speeds like 45, 50 and 60 mph) using more aggression and more belief I was still doing well.
Sound good mate. Would you like to do it again, was it what you were expecting?

Every time marra. Now I know so much stuff I have a foundation I can build a whole new set of skills on. I can enjoy seeing me grow as a driver in a whole new way.

Was it what I was expecting? I would definitely say so. Got everything I thought I would feel.
Did they let you have the car to yourself or was an instructor always with you?

Try a day at palmer motorsports, few of my mates have done it and really recommend it. At about £900 it's pricy so I've promised myself a go as a 40th birthday present.

Back