Cricket this weekend

Our 2s won the Banks Bowl Plate at Willington today; the lads who got runs were all playing Sunday Academy last year and bypassed the 3s to play more serious stuff. Elated that the policy worked. As I said earlier, just a massive shame it was behind closed doors and only our Chair got to see the game
Really good game. I was there as the NEPL representative to ensure all went well and present the Trophy to the winners. Willington really tried extremely hard to set a competitive target which I thought they achieved.
An excellent opening partnership or 85 by two young players put Tynemouth in command although they both tried their best to run each other out ....
Willington put up an excellent fight back to get themselves back into the game. In fact I thought Willington were favourites at one point but Tynemouth kept calm and won by four wickets.
A really good game by two sides who played the game within the spirit of the game.
Congratulations to Willington for streaming the game live on their Facebook page.
Really sorry no spectators were allowed but the decision was instructed to the NEPL.
Pleasure to attend and well done to Tynemouth who were the winners.
Hopefully see you all in 2021.
Winter well and keep yourselves safe.

Frank Lees Final Brandon 153/7 off allotted 40 overs.Mainsforth 35/0 off 12.No idea what's happening at Beamish v Langley Park.Or if it's even on 🤔
Frank Lees Final Brandon 153/7 off allotted 40 overs.Mainsforth 35/0 off 12.No idea what's happening at Beamish v Langley Park.Or if it's even on 🤔
Mainsforth finish short at 151/6 when seemingly in control at 91 when the first wkt went down .Only 2 scored in 39th over.Congrats to Brandon

Mainsforth finish short at 151/6 when seemingly in control at 91 when the first wkt went down .Only 2 scored in 39th over.Congrats to Brandon
The RH West final between Langley Park & Bearpark CC v Beamish & East Stanley CC will now hopefully be played next April due to Covid concerns etc

Last edited:
My club in the 1st Division of the Airedale & Wharfedale League (Harrogate/Leeds/Skipton) were runners-up last year. This year we played half a seasons fixture list. Every club played each other once. We started OK and then a slump and were relegated today.

UInbelievable Jeff!

What a team :cool:

The RH West final between Langley Park & Bearpark CC v Beamish & East Stanley CC will now hopefully be played next April due to Covid concerns etc

We're you able to watch today Norm?

Back