Cricket this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seems there'll be no spectators allowed at any of the games. Massive shame for the home venues as this weekend would have been a real money spinner.

EDIT: Blaydon confirm their final against Lanchester has been postponed. Main reason given is that both teams feel it wont be the same without a crowd and they will look to play it again at the start of next season. Chester Le Street v Burnmoor confirmed to go ahead but with no crowd.

Last edited:
Seems there'll be no spectators allowed at any of the games. Massive shame for the home venues as this weekend would have been a real money spinner.

EDIT: Blaydon confirm their final against Lanchester has been postponed. Main reason given is that both teams feel it wont be the same without a crowd and they will look to play it again at the start of next season. Chester Le Street v Burnmoor confirmed to go ahead but with no crowd.

Think it needs to be played as it will be devalued if carried over

Hard on supporters although our games are scored live on play cricket

Really sad times as I think tomorrow would have attracted big crowds.

Still it’s been a good, dry (ish) half summer. I’d have snapped your hand off for what we’ve had at the start of July.
Yeah, Tynemouth and my team (Willington) have agreed to play our final. Such a shame that it’s going to be played without spectators. The fact it’s being played at all is a huge credit to the league and everyone that’s helped ensure that the competition has been able to be completed.

Sad there are no supporters at the games this weekend.
Two anomalies though !
1. Chester-le-Street members can be in their bar watching the Chester v Burnmoor game behind glass. As scientists have said since the start of the pandemic that you are much less likely to become infected if you are outside in the fresh air and social distancing.
2. Local rules do not apply in Darlington(not under jurisdiction of Durham County Council) and all of Teesside. Plenty big games to watch in these areas on Saturday and Sunday, including Kerridge Cup final on Sunday at Thornaby. Thornaby v Richmond.

South Northumberland have tweeted their 2nd XI and 3rd XI games have been postponed until the start of next year - I think down to the Severity of virus In region rather than no spectators as originally had planned to go ahead earlier in week.

Sad there are no supporters at the games this weekend.
Two anomalies though !
1. Chester-le-Street members can be in their bar watching the Chester v Burnmoor game behind glass. As scientists have said since the start of the pandemic that you are much less likely to become infected if you are outside in the fresh air and social distancing.
2. Local rules do not apply in Darlington(not under jurisdiction of Durham County Council) and all of Teesside. Plenty big games to watch in these areas on Saturday and Sunday, including Kerridge Cup final on Sunday at Thornaby. Thornaby v Richmond.
Are Chester Le Street members immune from the virus?

Think it needs to be played as it will be devalued if carried over

Hard on supporters although our games are scored live on play cricket

i wish our dinosaur scorer did that; it's the book or he retires, as he reminds us every week
Yeah, Tynemouth and my team (Willington) have agreed to play our final. Such a shame that it’s going to be played without spectators. The fact it’s being played at all is a huge credit to the league and everyone that’s helped ensure that the competition has been able to be completed.

I only wish I could be there.

Last edited:
South Northumberland have tweeted their 2nd XI and 3rd XI games have been postponed until the start of next year - I think down to the Severity of virus In region rather than no spectators as originally had planned to go ahead earlier in week.
They were due to play us in the 3XI final on the Sunday. As far as im aware it was due to a SN player testing positive for the virus.

What’s the crack regarding team selection tomorrow?

Anything to stop 2nd XI sides putting out a load of first teamers it they’re in a semi-final tomorrow and their 1sts are not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back