Creating a new hospitality section

Obviously red will be the predominant colour so stands to reason it will be called the Strawberry.

Who would get pissed off the most... us or them ? šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

I mentioned on here back when the concourse was shut that I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see private boxes all along the very back of it as it very very rarely sells out up there. Our favourite suspected salmon pant wearer gave it a like. So errrh up there somehow.
Tbf worse ideas. Get boxes in there. Cheap to do. More income. Capacity down to 43 or 44K would be seen as sufficient by club I suspect

Cheeses comes up with some good stuff sometimes...

Quality! :D :D
Tbf worse ideas. Get boxes in there. Cheap to do. More income. Capacity down to 43 or 44K would be seen as sufficient by club I suspect
Clubs with ambition expand their arenas not downsize....I cannot think of another example can you?The boxes will be for concerts as the facilities are not good enough to attract enough premium tickets and promoters will go elsewhere.
Bob reckons Ā£40m/50m+ cost....its in one of his posts in that region
They will need planning permission!Anybody on here got access /link to council planning dept ?

Last edited:

Clubs with ambition expand their arenas not downsize....I cannot think of another example can you?The boxes will be for concerts as the facilities are not good enough to attract enough premium tickets and promoters will go elsewhere.

They will need planning permission!Anybody on here got access /link to council planning dept ?
I look often and theres nothing in planning, everybody would be all over it if there was

Last edited:

High earning commercial area worth far more than seats.

High earning commercial area worth far more than seats.
Maybe so but i asked for an example of an ambitious club that reduces the size of their ground rather than expanding it?Its a simple answer really there isnt one!...........whatever we do it will be done on the cheap amd look a right lopsided mess unless we add some seats as well!Your not going to attract premium supporters to watch mediocre crap on the pitch so it will mostly done to attract concert business!

Maybe so but i asked for an example of an ambitious club that reduces the size of their ground rather than expanding it?Its a simple answer really there isnt one!...........whatever we do it will be done on the cheap amd look a right lopsided mess unless we add some seats as well!Your not going to attract premium supporters to watch mediocre crap on the pitch so it will mostly done to attract concert business!
Leeds downsized Elland Road to fit in more hospitality. Went from 40000 to 36000 ish

Leeds done it

I look often and theres nothing in planning, everybody would be all over it if there was
Do you know how long these things take to sort out as it looks like the earliest start would be summer 2025.......i wonder if its just a case of putting your marker down before all the new building work around the ground gets finished as they might object to east stand expansion..I know the south stand has had permission granted before but i dont think the east stand has...... so the club is just future proofing its asset!It makes more sense to use the east stand for development first as the south stand is where the concert stage is and would be useless for concerts.

I was just floating the idea lol.
Either way I don't want a 55k sol capacity with thousands and thousands of empty seats every week that we'll never fill.

Do you know how long these things take to sort out as it looks like the earliest start would be summer 2025.......i wonder if its just a case of putting your marker down before all the new building work around the ground gets finished as they might object to east stand expansion..I know the south stand has had permission granted before but i dont think the east stand has...... so the club is just future proofing its asset!It makes more sense to use the east stand for development first as the south stand is where the concert stage is and would be useless for concerts.
2 months minimum on most cases I think..the studios have just took from November to March which is a huge project

I was just floating the idea lol.
Either way I don't want a 55k sol capacity with thousands and thousands of empty seats every week that we'll never fill.
Its that ambition thing again!do we have ambition ? do we hold our club back because some supporters don;t like empty seats "its small minded ,,if your spending multi millions on raising the roof of the east stand and hoying in a few boxes it would be cost effective ( in long term)to put extra seats in as well especially for concerts.....I have pride in the sol and would like any development to look good and in keeping with the rest of the ground..

Its that ambition thing again!do we have ambition ? do we hold our club back because some supporters don;t like empty seats "its small minded ,,if your spending multi millions on raising the roof of the east stand and hoying in a few boxes it would be cost effective ( in long term)to put extra seats in as well especially for concerts.....I have pride in the sol and would like any development to look good and in keeping with the rest of the ground..
Fair enough...I'm ambitious but as a fan of well over 40 years maybe a bit more cynical of us ever having a team on the pitch that would fill 55k seats. As it stands longest spell outside top flight. Ever.

Leeds downsized Elland Road to fit in more hospitality. Went from 40000 to 36000

Edit ...i dont know when they did that do you?..they do have plans to extend the ground to 55.000 though!... its called ambition!
Fair enough...I'm ambitious but as a fan of well over 40 years maybe a bit more cynical of us ever having a team on the pitch that would fill 55k seats. As it stands longest spell outside top flight. Ever.
Catch 22 really but if we dont have ambition that record is just going to get longer and longer....the team should always come first then the rest follows..my assertion is that the football is secondary to our owners!

Last edited:
Edit ...i dont know when they did that do you?..they do have plans to extend the ground to 55.000 though!... its called ambition!

Catch 22 really but if we dont have ambition that record is just going to get longer and longer....the team should always come first then the rest follows..my assertion is that the football is secondary to our owners!
Manchester city also did it to put in those extra advertising hoardings to make them look double the size, so there's two clubs, not none whatsoever

Back