Crawley Finished?

I know this isn't quite how things work, but if you remove that 267 from his record then he has scored less than a thousand runs in test cricket from 45 innings, at an average of 21.

He needs a long break.

You started this thread five days ago to write his epitaph man Carty šŸ˜‚

Heā€™ll play a dreamy innings every so often but Iā€™d still back Rory Burns to average more in home tests. Crawley will routinely fail against the swinging ball in England. Might do well on flat decks abroad, especially if in the middle order.
:lol::lol::lol: I want what @Keith S30S gets :evil:

No I get that, an average is an average whatever way you dress it up. Its just such an unusual knock compared to the rest of his career and I think my main point is that his average is still poor with it in. Anyway i'm glad he batted well last innings, not just his shot playing which is always good but his judgement up until he was out. Hopefully it is a sign of things to come.
His judgement was much better. The dismissal was poor but he showed signs that heā€™s addressing the issues and thatā€™s encouraging. Agree, hopefully more to come.
I was addressing your point about ā€œvery poorā€. Because he has been. Going forward we all hope he isnā€™t
I know but I donā€™t agree and neither do the England team.

Itā€™s not all about picking by numbers either or Burns would still be opening.

Last edited:
Scored just 7 today.

A summary of his innings (from online):
Crawley's was a well played 5 . Delicious clip through midwicket for 4 , a snick to slips that yorked the fielders hand, and a mistimed drive through mid on saw his departure.
Century for Rory Burns

Last edited:
Scored just 7 today.

A summary of his innings (from online):
Crawley's was a well played 5 . Delicious clip through midwicket for 4 , a snick to slips that yorked the fielders hand, and a mistimed drive through mid on saw his departure.
Century for Rory Burns
Exactly what weā€™ve watched in the first three tests
Crawley's latest dismissal for 9 made it 23 single-figure scores in a career of 45 innings and counting.

That is a disgusting stat
You know whatā€™s happened. Iā€™ve been called a Tory would you believe :lol:

Classy night in SR6 thread by lumber
Wrong thread

Tim martins wallet thread

Last edited:

Back