Crawley Finished?

Desperately want him to find form but just can’t see it happening.

Maybe right to give him another chance for this game, but going forward they surely will give someone else a go.

Desperately want him to find form but just can’t see it happening.

Maybe right to give him another chance for this game, but going forward they surely will give someone else a go.
Have you read the cricinfo article? Independent view but it’s echoing what’s being said in here.

he even thinks that he will be opening v South Africa in a months time or so

In the 2nd innings he left the ball outside the off stump really well. This has been his weakness and has obviously been working on it. He played with good positive intent. Needs to continue with no easy dismissals wafting outside off.
That being said , he got bowled leaving.......... You could see his disappointment. In his defence , It was an absolute jaffa from Bumrah. The ball was almost moving sideways when impacting the stumps.

I’m going to keep an eye on Kent’s 50 over scorecards over the next few weeks

That innings yesterday helped set up the win and there was some beautiful shots, both sides of the wicket

It’s always been his mental well being with me, so fingers crossed he can get more confidence in him for august
Kent have 3 CC games in the next 3 weeks. RL50 coincides with the SAffers series.

That innings yesterday helped set up the win and there was some beautiful shots, both sides of the wicket

It’s always been his mental well being with me, so fingers crossed he can get more confidence in him for august
I saw him play a fantastic one day innings last season opening the batting which told me plenty about his game, at a time when he’d been in poor form in the Test side. He’s got the ability, as you rightly say it’s about his mental state and I am hopeful that the faith shown in him by the England management will see him fulfill that ability. I’d love to see him do it.

I saw him play a fantastic one day innings last season opening the batting which told me plenty about his game, at a time when he’d been in poor form in the Test side. He’s got the ability, as you rightly say it’s about his mental state and I am hopeful that the faith shown in him by the England management will see him fulfill that ability. I’d love to see him do it.
I would love to see anyone do it but Crawley has no record to speak of 30fc and only one huge outlier makes his test record very poor rather than abysmally bad. He clearly looks talented but hasn’t at this stage of his career got a record that would normally get him a regular place in county cricket. I’m glad though that we are winning games to give him more opportunities. I thought he looked much more the part last innings and hope it’s a springboard. I’m just not quite as optimistic as you.

I would love to see anyone do it but Crawley has no record to speak of 30fc and only one huge outlier makes his test record very poor rather than abysmally bad. He clearly looks talented but hasn’t at this stage of his career got a record that would normally get him a regular place in county cricket. I’m glad though that we are winning games to give him more opportunities. I thought he looked much more the part last innings and hope it’s a springboard. I’m just not quite as optimistic as you.
A bit harsh I reckon. I wouldn’t call five Test 50s and two 100s at 24 years old very poor, and certainly not abysmally bad, and the 267 can’t just be discounted because it doesn’t suit the argument.

He’d be a regular for Kent in red ball and white ball were he not playing for England, I don’t think that’s up for debate. I’m hopeful more than optimistic with him tbf, just don’t like seeing our talented players get stick and not being successful, same with Bairstow, but I agree with you in that I’m glad we’re winning games so he will get more opportunities.

You started this thread five days ago to write his epitaph man Carty 😂

He’ll play a dreamy innings every so often but I’d still back Rory Burns to average more in home tests. Crawley will routinely fail against the swinging ball in England. Might do well on flat decks abroad, especially if in the middle order.

A bit harsh I reckon. I wouldn’t call five Test 50s and two 100s at 24 years old very poor, and certainly not abysmally bad, and the 267 can’t just be discounted because it doesn’t suit the argument.

He’d be a regular for Kent in red ball and white ball were he not playing for England, I don’t think that’s up for debate. I’m hopeful more than optimistic with him tbf, just don’t like seeing our talented players get stick and not being successful, same with Bairstow, but I agree with you in that I’m glad we’re winning games so he will get more opportunities.
I think he’s got the 2nd lowest test average opening of anyone ever who has played 30 innings in that position

No I get that, an average is an average whatever way you dress it up. Its just such an unusual knock compared to the rest of his career and I think my main point is that his average is still poor with it in. Anyway i'm glad he batted well last innings, not just his shot playing which is always good but his judgement up until he was out. Hopefully it is a sign of things to come.

Back