Craig Ramage sacked by BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs to be more education by people who aren't raving fannies and sometimes don't understand the issues themselves but just go through the motions repeating the party line. Imo.

you are either a complete idiot, on a wind up, or a racist who condones what Craig Ramage said

He’s an ex player from the 90’s who now summarises for bbc local radio - Their equivalent to Gary Bennett - and he said the young black lads need to try harder, effectively
Either you're blind or a complete arsehole
I know. I'm sick and tired of the years of ridicule and persecution we've had to put up with as white people.
I know. I'm so ashamed that Britain is systemically racist... Oh wait, its not.

Last edited:
Hardly surprising considering the BBC is sacking people left, right and centre.

Not the worst comments, but the BBC wage bill needs streamlining with imminent discussions about their funding coming up.

Getting rid of Clinton Morrison would be a start but as he fills a quota it probably won't happen.

The fact he is unintelligible makes him a dreadful choice for radio
Would garth Crooks or jermaine jenas get the boot if they said similar bout white men highly doubt it

Only white people can be racist

Last edited:

Craig Ramage

@CraigRamage70

"I would like to reiterate my heartfelt apology not only to the players but also the fans that have listened to me over the past 7 years and also to those that followed me throughout my career.I would like to reinforce that this error in no way reflects my personal views."

So if they're not your personal views, then why say it in the first place? Naive at best, idiotic at worst.

He's a stupid boy and completely out of order and its cost him his job.
He's not the first person to make an error in speech and won't be the last either.

Stupid man!!. He should name names. There are plenty of lazy white players out there as well. Not as bad as Ron Atkinson's comments but, nonetheless way out of order.

Would garth Crooks or jermaine jenas get the boot if they said similar bout white men highly doubt it
If Crooks and Jenas attributed a perceived problem with a particular group of players to the colour of their skin, then yes, I believe that they would be dismissed from their employment.

As neither have done so, then quite obviously we cannot know what the outcome of the hypothetical situation would be. Your speculative belief probably says more about you than Crooks and Jenas.

Hardly surprising considering the BBC is sacking people left, right and centre.

Not the worst comments, but the BBC wage bill needs streamlining with imminent discussions about their funding coming up.
I am a bit worried that boris looking obviously over the pond at Fox News being trump's mouthpiece and wondering whether he can bully the BBC into allowing Sky News to be the same thing for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back