Craig Ramage sacked by BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardly surprising considering the BBC is sacking people left, right and centre.

Not the worst comments, but the BBC wage bill needs streamlining with imminent discussions about their funding coming up.
you are either a complete idiot, on a wind up, or a racist who condones what Craig Ramage said
Could someone gives bit more clarity here ? I don't know who he is and who specifically he is talking about ? Is he just generalising about today's millionaire footballers , not giving a 100% , or is it something deeper than this ?
He’s an ex player from the 90’s who now summarises for bbc local radio - Their equivalent to Gary Bennett - and he said the young black lads need to try harder, effectively

Last edited:
He could have named the players not doing well. Skin colour is totally irrelevant. If your team isn’t performing it’s probably a whole team issue or a scattering of underperforming key players or whatever. If you’re even looking at it thinking ‘it’s the attitude of the blacks’ you’re pretty racist and far from being worthy of a job doing analysis on the BBC.
Would garth Crooks or jermaine jenas get the boot if they said similar bout white men highly doubt it
They’re not so thick that they ever would.

Last edited:
Would garth Crooks or jermaine jenas get the boot if they said similar bout white men highly doubt it
Hank I like you bud but your way off the mark here. For a start theres no way either of them would single out the white lads like Rammage has done. Theres also a huge difference you can shout reverse racism from the rooftops but it's not the same it's never been widespread and institutional for a start

you are either a complete idiot, on a wind up, or a racist who condones what Craig Ramage said

He’s an ex player from the 90’s who now summarises for bbc local radio - Their equivalent to Gary Bennett - and he said the young black lads need to try harder, effectively
So , if he is " in the know " so to speak and honestly sees / thinks that a clique of black players are not putting it in 100% , is it now unacceptable to say it anymore ? Is that it then?

Hank I like you bud but your way off the mark here. For a start theres no way either of them would single out the white lads like Rammage has done. Theres also a huge difference you can shout reverse racism from the rooftops but it's not the same it's never been widespread and institutional for a start

My prediction is that Hank will say 'thanks for explaining it Pal. I need serious education in this area. I totally get your very astute comment, particularly the last bit.'

I usually find that people who hold his type of opinions often respond to these explanations in such a way.

My prediction is that Hank will say 'thanks for explaining it Pal. I need serious education in this area. I totally get your very astute comment, particularly the last bit.'

I usually find that people who hold his type of opinions often respond to these explanations in such a way.
Lol I'm not expecting a miracle but I try and help educate people where I can.

The statement’s unacceptable but I disagree with what you’ve said there. It’s not irrelevant if it is that section that are causing the issue. Shouldn’t tar another section if they aren’t part of the issue just to be PC imo. Should’ve just named them if he has deeper knowledge
What does 'section' mean? Surely you're not using it to replace the word black?

So , if he is " in the know " so to speak and honestly sees / thinks that a clique of black players are not putting it in 100% , is it now unacceptable to say it anymore ? Is that it then?
Are you for real? Of course it isn’t. Why is the colour of their skin even remotely relevant? There is no defence at all for what he said.he has acknowledged this himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back