Craft Beer

Hard to differentiate Layer Cake from Stay Puft or Confectionist Perfectionist, other than at 7% it tastes a bit strong.

I’d have a third of it in Brewdog but if the two aforementioned beers are available they’d get preference by some margin.

Last edited:
Just pointing out that someone has pulled the trigger on this deal.
Ouro is richer than me marra.
Hard to differentiate Layer Cake from Stay Puft or Confectionist Perfectionist, other than at 7% it tastes a bit strong.

I’d have a third of it in Brewdog but if the two aforementioned beers are available they’d get preference by some margin.
Which breweries are they? I know stay ouft in tiny rebel.

Saw that Layer Cake tonight in Tesco, it looked too sweet just looking at the can so didn't bother. I need some detailed tasting notes please @Frijj

Saw that Layer Cake tonight in Tesco, it looked too sweet just looking at the can so didn't bother. I need some detailed tasting notes please @Frijj

My palate is shocking, but Layer Cake has the unpleasant fizz that plagues Zombie Cake, it’s weaker praline cousin, and you can taste the alcohol over the flavour.

I don’t get much chocolate and the main tasting note I’m getting is the same marshmallow flavour you get in Stay Puft and Confectionist Perfectionist.

I think those two are brilliant and since the latter is a Brewdog creation I’m not sure what has gone wrong here but sad to say, I didn’t enjoy it as much as I’d hoped.

2 Growlers of Two by Two New Zealand IPA from Nord in Whitley Bay to start the weekend.

A wide range of ales from Pollys, Verdant, Errant, Anarchy, Almasty, Three Hills and Pomona Island to get through as well.

Ruptured my ankle ligaments last week so hope I can get up the stairs later

My palate is shocking, but Layer Cake has the unpleasant fizz that plagues Zombie Cake, it’s weaker praline cousin, and you can taste the alcohol over the flavour.

I don’t get much chocolate and the main tasting note I’m getting is the same marshmallow flavour you get in Stay Puft and Confectionist Perfectionist.

I think those two are brilliant and since the latter is a Brewdog creation I’m not sure what has gone wrong here but sad to say, I didn’t enjoy it as much as I’d hoped.
I had the layer cake last week couldn't taste marshmallow just the chocolate

If you like chocolate stouts, the best two I’ve had are Caribbean Chocolate Cake by Siren and Persistence Is Utile from Cloudwater. I’ve got a magnum of the latter which I’m yet to crack open as it’s 11% :lol:

The Amundsen ‘Dessert In A Can’ range are great too.

From Despies to beer connoisseur eh, what a transformation Frijj (I'll ignore the palate comment)!

If you like chocolate stouts, the best two I’ve had are Caribbean Chocolate Cake by Siren and Persistence Is Utile from Cloudwater. I’ve got a magnum of the latter which I’m yet to crack open as it’s 11% :lol:

The Amundsen ‘Dessert In A Can’ range are great too.
Blues do a few of the Dessert in a Can range but it’s a canny outlay for a 330ml drink.

Never had the first two. I’ll hunt them down.

2 Growlers of Two by Two New Zealand IPA from Nord in Whitley Bay to start the weekend.

A wide range of ales from Pollys, Verdant, Errant, Anarchy, Almasty, Three Hills and Pomona Island to get through as well.

Ruptured my ankle ligaments last week so hope I can get up the stairs later
Three Hills knock out some belting beers, we’ve got a keg of coconut BPAVK waiting to come on, I can’t bloody wait!

Back