Craft Beer

Went to new brewery in Manchester yesterday. Green arches, was set up from a couple of brewers who worked for beatnikz. Was very nice, good setting. Beers a bit basic but don’t think been going for too long. Good to see new places popping up

New brewery opening in Roker Queen Vic building out the back it seems

1 more than 2 South Shields which went under a couple of months back has changed their social media pages to Blockyard Brew Co - mainly cask for their own pubs it seems

Also Julio (lovely guy) who was brewer at Darwin/Brewlab is planning to open up his own brewery potentially in basement of ISIS

New brewery opening in Roker Queen Vic building out the back it seems

1 more than 2 South Shields which went under a couple of months back has changed their social media pages to Blockyard Brew Co - mainly cask for their own pubs it seems

Also Julio (lovely guy) who was brewer at Darwin/Brewlab is planning to open up his own brewery potentially in basement of ISIS
Wow. That’s really interesting about ISIS, like I needed another excuse to go there :lol:

Good to hear that there’s something going to emerge from 1 more than 2. I quite liked the space they had in Shields
Probably had about 15 cans/bottles yesterday watching the football. Some pleasantly surprising decent session stouts. Tried the Vault City Coconut Raspberry Ripple sour from Tesco. Shite.
Vault City is definitely a marmite thing. I’ve just had a bright green lemon and lime sour in FCBC. Utterly mad. But absolutely class.

Last edited:
That’s about it like. I always feel a bit bad reviewing pales on Untappd. Even when they’re canny & perfectly drinkable, they’ll not get a decent mark purely because stouts have set a standard so high for me

What’s your favourite stout this year? I had that Vault City Gaelic Sea stout, thought it was fantastic.

Feel like their stuff is all I’m drinking lately. Though I do have an Imperial Florida Weiss 07 by Garden on the go atm…which is actually a sour and not a Weissbier.

That’s about it like. I always feel a bit bad reviewing pales on Untappd. Even when they’re canny & perfectly drinkable, they’ll not get a decent mark purely because stouts have set a standard so high for me
I’m the same with wheat beers. I’ve got about ten on my Untappd. Won’t score them as I just don’t like them. I keep trying in the vain hope I’ll find one I like.
One of the best beers I’ve had this year! I suppose if sours don’t float your boat I can understand why you didn’t enjoy it.
Try and get hold of the blackcurrant choc chip waffle. It wont be in a supermarket, just can/bottle shops. It’s one of the best they’ve done, way better than the stuff they’ve done for Tesco.

Last edited:
What’s your favourite stout this year? I had that Vault City Gaelic Sea stout, thought it was fantastic.

Feel like their stuff is all I’m drinking lately. Though I do have an Imperial Florida Weiss 07 by Garden on the go atm…which is actually a sour and not a Weissbier.
Got that waiting for me. Every now & then I have a bottle session when I’ll crack that one open.

Vaux’s Stormy Petrel is the best. Feel like I’m being biased sometimes with their stuff, but the three stouts & brown ale from them has all been class.

Back