Craft Beer

Got them saved on my phone but haven’t looked for ages. To be honest, it’s got to the point of I wanted an order I’d just either drive to Rehills or order from House Of Trembling Madness. They still stock a huge selection that seems to be up to date.

Actually

149 impys. Craft’s not dead! Horrible website like
Aye, I'm not sure how they've looked at that and thought "aye, that's canny!" :lol:

Supermarkets improving their craft beer offering over last year or so is starting to take its impact on bottle shops IMO. Honest Brew going under the same. Cost of living crisis isn’t going to help either

Supermarkets improving their craft beer offering over last year or so is starting to take its impact on bottle shops IMO. Honest Brew going under the same. Cost of living crisis isn’t going to help either
Significantly less drinking at home must be having the largest impact. I'm rarely ever buying beer to drink at home now, but I was spending a fortune during lockdown. Most on here seem to be in the same boat.

Tesco have just cut their craft section. The real ale section is still about the same size but the craft bit halved overnight.

Significantly less drinking at home must be having the largest impact. I'm rarely ever buying beer to drink at home now, but I was spending a fortune during lockdown. Most on here seem to be in the same boat.
I think this is pretty much it. I'm in the same boat. Buying loads of cans to drink at home during lockdown but don't think I've bought any (bar the SAFC promotion ones) this year and I've still got stuff left that people got me for Christmas.

What is it?
Ended up with a tonkoko in the end. The posh ones stay unmolested for now.
I think this is pretty much it. I'm in the same boat. Buying loads of cans to drink at home during lockdown but don't think I've bought any (bar the SAFC promotion ones) this year and I've still got stuff left that people got me for Christmas.
My beer fridge has been full once since the proper end of lockdown, and that was when I won a load of cans in FullCircles Christmas goldcan giveaway.

Costs me about 150 quid to fill it from empty, money I just don’t have with matches / away matches and the pubs and that open properly now.

Hopefully any struggling bottle shops can make the transition to micropub.

Last edited:
Beer cupboard looking sparse for pales and IPA's so hoyed an order in. May hit Rehills and/or Centrale at some point as Little Shop and Port Bierhaus have cut right back on new stuff and haven't been in Blues for a while but sounds like they are too.

Can't blame them tbh, probably far less business for them nowadays

Which ones did you go for?
Belgian bday cake, Impy bourban pecan, galaxy DIPA, Hazy wheat, White choc n caramac, Citra milkshake IPA and also got a toffee pudding effort that's been out a while. Was going to get the Club tropica strength version but Blues have got it in and I'm down later for a couple of pints so will pick one up then.

Hope it goes really well. Where’s our nearest away game closest to it? ;)

Very nice export stout @ 6% on in isis. Star roving - liquid light. Heavy on coffee. Proper nice.
Shrewsbury was 18 minutes away, promotion was a bit of a bastard. :lol: Birmingham and West Brom aren’t too far away and the train goes pretty much direct from the pub to their grounds.

Shrewsbury was 18 minutes away, promotion was a bit of a bastard. :lol: Birmingham and West Brom aren’t too far away and the train goes pretty much direct from the pub to their grounds.
🤔 interesting. Both Saturday games at present.
Logon or register to see this image

Logon or register to see this image
This was f***ing great

This was f***ing great
Does anybody know my Untaped username?! It’s signed me out & wants to know my username to sign in. I don’t know it :lol:

Last edited:

Back