Craft Beer

Any Bishop Auckland dwellers sampled McColls in Evenwood yet? I went last week and picked up 2 IPAs, a coffee stout and a cherry dunkelweiser. All nice stuff but £22. :eek: I still can’t get away from Leffe blonde. It’s perfect imo and can’t imagine I’ll ever tire of it.

Any Bishop Auckland dwellers sampled McColls in Evenwood yet? I went last week and picked up 2 IPAs, a coffee stout and a cherry dunkelweiser. All nice stuff but £22. :eek: I still can’t get away from Leffe blonde. It’s perfect imo and can’t imagine I’ll ever tire of it.

Port Bierhaus get them in, or used to, I've not looked much in there lately. They're OK, I just think there's better options based on the 2 or 3 I've had
😁 had to work over tonight, so just crashing at home now with a couple of new s43s.

Be over there at some point tomorrow without a doubt though.

Planning to be there mid afternoon. I may say hello 😂

Last edited:
Did a tasting event last night with Jaega Wise, head brewer at Wild Card and presenter on that Brew Masters programme on Amazon Prime (strongly recommended!).

Apricot saison, passionfruit sour, an imperial stout, and a Cuvee Saison. All absolutely excellent. The latter two are unreleased so worth keeping an eye out for over the next few weeks. The impy was very good, got huge liquorice hits from it.

Tomorrow we're doing numbers 75-78 out of our London taproom tour. Belleville, By The Horns brewery (who are literally based inside of Plough Lane), Wimbledon brewery and then Drop Project. Tbh other than DP they sound shite but that's kinda the stage I'm at now. :lol:

Went into East Coast on Sea Road today & the selection was noticeably weaker than previous. Even before I didn’t rate the place, but this was a decent drop off. Is this the way it’s going? Blues getting less carry out stuff in, Hop Knocker selling take out gear off last week. Will it end up my nearest serious take out is Rehills again & internet shopping is the best option?

Did a tasting event last night with Jaega Wise, head brewer at Wild Card and presenter on that Brew Masters programme on Amazon Prime (strongly recommended!).

Apricot saison, passionfruit sour, an imperial stout, and a Cuvee Saison. All absolutely excellent. The latter two are unreleased so worth keeping an eye out for over the next few weeks. The impy was very good, got huge liquorice hits from it.

Tomorrow we're doing numbers 75-78 out of our London taproom tour. Belleville, By The Horns brewery (who are literally based inside of Plough Lane), Wimbledon brewery and then Drop Project. Tbh other than DP they sound shite but that's kinda the stage I'm at now. :lol:
Diminishing returns. You could always start again. :lol::lol::lol:
Went into East Coast on Sea Road today & the selection was noticeably weaker than previous. Even before I didn’t rate the place, but this was a decent drop off. Is this the way it’s going? Blues getting less carry out stuff in, Hop Knocker selling take out gear off last week. Will it end up my nearest serious take out is Rehills again & internet shopping is the best option?
Only been in east coast once. Bloke proper rubbed me up the wrong way. Sat me down and gave me a patronising five minute lecture on beer before I was allowed to order a pint.
Here we go again.

Last edited:
Diminishing returns. You could always start again. :lol::lol::lol:

Only been in east coast once. Bloke proper rubbed me up the wrong way. Sat me down and gave me a patronising five minute lecture on beer before I was allowed to order a pint.

Here we go again.
Actually, the last time I bought there, I put a couple of cans down to pay & he looked & said “mind, this one’s a bit expensive”. Should have paid the £8 in 1ps to the dick.

Used to go to their old tap room on the Summers Town industrial estate fairly regularly when I lived round the corner, favourites were hopadelic, hopslinger and cosmic warrior.

Belleville Brewery also does some really nice beers, lovely part of Wandsworth too.

Last edited:
There's a few seem to take issue with Graham. He's always been sound with me. The price will have been pointed out as I've been in many ransomers pop in looking for a pint of lager and then are head fucked when they discover single tins are going for more than a four pack of San Miguel. Definitely winding down a tad in the take out selection as more are going in for pints. And tbf to them they were one of the first in Sunderland to get amongst the craft scene.

Blues are continuously upping their keg and cask game, whilst the take out shop goes down over.

Rehills isnt a pub so that's why they'll keep the take out at that level.

Last edited:
There's a few seem to take issue with Graham. He's always been sound with me. The price will have been pointed out as I've been in many ransomers pop in looking for a pint of lager and then are head fucked when they discover single tins are going for more than a four pack of San Miguel. Definitely winding down a tad in the take out selection as more are going in for pints. And tbf to them they were one of the first in Sunderland to get amongst the craft scene.

Blues are continuously upping their keg and cask game, whilst the take out shop goes down over.

Rehills isnt a pub so that's why they'll keep the take out at that level.
Aye, last couple of times I’ve been in Blues the shelves were less than full.

We need a Rehills here. Little Shop isn’t pulling up trees & I’ve worked out Port Bierhaus is massively overpriced for the stuff they sell. I understand a profit has to be made, but the 1/2 walk between there & Vaux showed extremely varying can prices. They’re good for Brew York, but I’d be better off ordering direct.

Aye, last couple of times I’ve been in Blues the shelves were less than full.

We need a Rehills here. Little Shop isn’t pulling up trees & I’ve worked out Port Bierhaus is massively overpriced for the stuff they sell. I understand a profit has to be made, but the 1/2 walk between there & Vaux showed extremely varying can prices. They’re good for Brew York, but I’d be better off ordering direct.
I'm happy to do my monthly Rehills or CentrAle mission to load up. Rest of the time it's out and about for pintage now.

Used to go to their old tap room on the Summers Town industrial estate fairly regularly when I lived round the corner, favourites were hopadelic, hopslinger and cosmic warrior.

Belleville Brewery also does some really nice beers, lovely part of Wandsworth too.
Nice one, cheers, I'll keep an eye out and report back. Never been down that way before so interested to have a mooch about and see what it's like. It's a trek from Hackney like. :)

Back