Craft Beer

Anarchy are crap imo. Almasty do some excellent pales and IPAs. Had a couple of their pales on cask which were sublime.
I’ve not had a decent Anarchy. Not one. Not got a great name with the way they’ve gone on with staff either. Only passing on what I’ve heard.

I do like Almasty though. Agree it’s a while since I’ve had anything new out of them.

Two by two on the other hand… having a talus and ekuanot IPA in isis it’s lovely.

Managed to get in vaux this afty, and Isis. The boozers are surprisingly quiet considering that ginger tractor nonce is playing at the SOL tonight.

Last edited:
I'll jump on the not rating Anarchy bandwagon. Not sure I've ever come across any Almasty down here.

At a gig in Kentish Town tonight so will be having a couple in the Pineapple beforehand.
The Emperor’s New Clothes. Real Ale that tastes like dishwater strained through a bearded bloke’s sweaty sock repacked as ‘Craft Beer’ and they charge you double the price to sup it. Mugs!
Anyone?

I'll jump on the not rating Anarchy bandwagon. Not sure I've ever come across any Almasty down here.

At a gig in Kentish Town tonight so will be having a couple in the Pineapple beforehand.

Anyone?
Been to a few places in London that have Almasty on cask regularly. The Southampton Arms in Kentish Town and The Prince just up from Alexandra Palace.

Thai bait in pubs seems like a mostly London thing? The Kings Arms in Waterloo is one of the best central London pubs for cask and does Thai.

I’ve not had a decent Anarchy. Not one. Not got a great name with the way they’ve gone on with staff either. Only passing on what I’ve heard.

I do like Almasty though. Agree it’s a while since I’ve had anything new out of them.

Two by two on the other hand… having a talus and ekuanot IPA in isis it’s lovely.

Managed to get in vaux this afty, and Isis. The boozers are surprisingly quiet considering that ginger tractor nonce is playing at the SOL tonight.
Head brewer at Vaux is ex Anarchy isn’t he?

They used to be canny years ago but did seem to go downhill.

Head brewer at Vaux is ex Anarchy isn’t he?

They used to be canny years ago but did seem to go downhill.

Yep. Not got Vaux blinkers on, I'd hope anyone on here wouldnt show undue bias, i know i wouldnt, but the stuff Les is doing at Vaux ticks the boxes for me. If they release a stinker I'd say so.

More freedom? Timing thing? Who knows...loving the Vaux, Anarchy did nowt for me.

On Almasty again i don't know the timing but their fall, in my thinking anyway, seems to be when Chris the Count left

New place on the radar - Lost robot at Sedgefield.

Primarily a bottle shop, but has a licence for drinking on prem for the Jubilee and august bank hol. Hopefully gets a full licence. Lots of local stuff, including a few bottles of vaux 1899 stout if the stoutheeds on here are interested

Loaded up on some s43 while I was here.
Logon or register to see this image

New place on the radar - Lost robot at Sedgefield.

Primarily a bottle shop, but has a licence for drinking on prem for the Jubilee and august bank hol. Hopefully gets a full licence. Lots of local stuff, including a few bottles of vaux 1899 stout if the stoutheeds on here are interested

Loaded up on some s43 while I was here.
Logon or register to see this image
Ran by lads from Sunderland

Been to a few places in London that have Almasty on cask regularly. The Southampton Arms in Kentish Town and The Prince just up from Alexandra Palace.

Thai bait in pubs seems like a mostly London thing? The Kings Arms in Waterloo is one of the best central London pubs for cask and does Thai.
Seen a few of your recommendations about pubs/areas to drink in London in the past when searching through some posts and they've always been spot on.

Do you keep a list of the best areas to drink and some pub/bar recommendations you could share ?

Heading down there in a few months time for a long weekend.

Seen a few of your recommendations about pubs/areas to drink in London in the past when searching through some posts and they've always been spot on.

Do you keep a list of the best areas to drink and some pub/bar recommendations you could share ?

Of course. Let me know where you're staying and visiting and I'll give you some tips.

top lad is @James given me some superb recommendations :D
I'm heading back myself in August - another couple of nights where we stayed for Wembley, so a bit of a ride in. Think I have recommendations down there to last me a lifetime!

Back