Craft Beer

TM is a great place. I see they've done three collabs to mark their fifth bday. Going to get in next Monday to sample all three and get a can of each too if they're good (I expect they will be going off previous efforts).

They moved the takeover from Thursday to tonight to kick it off. From reading here I thought it was a coffee and cherry combination but its two different versions of Blackwave. Both good, but I think the coffee is the better of the two. Had a couple more of the VPA 02, my current fave offering of theirs and a wheat effort, Don't Call Me Wit. Double Cross not on yet so will get back down to try that and hopefully get amongst more VPA.
Only cask of Hazy Citra they’ve done I’m lead to believe too?

Without going into the whole BD thing, Punk is a shadow of what it was. I was shocked how bland it is and haven't had it for a while now.
I always wonder with things like that if it’s because tastes have changed or if it’s because the recipe or processes have changed. I’m sure BrewDog would say the recipe hasn’t changed but they’re not the most trustworthy.

Without going into the whole BD thing, Punk is a shadow of what it was. I was shocked how bland it is and haven't had it for a while now.
I’ve always thought it was shit, even when it was 5.6%, but for BH to reduce it by £5 a keg says it all. It’s pig slurp.
Asda are knocking out the vocation hop skip and juice for £1.30 included in the 4 for 3 if anyone likes it
This is a good beer.

I’ve always thought it was shit, even when it was 5.6%, but for BH to reduce it by £5 a keg says it all. It’s pig slurp.

This is a good beer.

Last resort in a Spoons if the cask options were shit. Now I would get a lager or 660ml Hazy Jane if the cask is grim. Not that I'm in Spoons much.

Not a big fan of Hop Skip and Juice, might be tempted at a quid a can mind

Only cask of Hazy Citra they’ve done I’m lead to believe too?
Wasn't aware of that marra. Will have a go of it tomorrow, ta.

This is a good beer.
Always a worrying sign once a beer starts sitting on a Supermarket shelf.

Last edited:
Went out last night, unfortunately didn’t make it to Blues for the Vaux tap takeover. Had a Wilde Child Brownie Hunter & Fierce Beer Moose Mousse in Ocean Bar. Maxim Raspberry Porter in the Lighthouse.

Then, stupidly decided to open The Beast, S43 12%er when I got in. Nee good after 7/8 drinks. Heed was banging this morning

Been to Blues again today. Both Black Waves flattened but I'd already sampled both. Had another couple of VPAs, superb. Then sampled a Double Cross IPA and a Hazy. Neither as good as VPA. Then had a choc and vanilla stout (none Vaux - had replaced the Black Wave) to finish.

Got a few tins for this evening. Haway the cans.

Town Mouse Monday to get amongst those 5th bday releases :cool:

Been to Blues again today. Both Black Waves flattened but I'd already sampled both. Had another couple of VPAs, superb. Then sampled a Double Cross IPA and a Hazy. Neither as good as VPA. Then had a choc and vanilla stout (none Vaux - had replaced the Black Wave) to finish.

Who’s the chocolate stout by?

Bollocks. Both Black Wave gone? That’s moved fast.

At FCBC. Three new beers. A milk stout, a collab with neon raptor, and cask repeater.

Oh, simpler times back on, and year of no light. Staying at the du vin anarl. See you on the other side 😂

Bollocks. Both Black Wave gone? That’s moved fast.

At FCBC. Three new beers. A milk stout, a collab with neon raptor, and cask repeater.

Oh, simpler times back on, and year of no light. Staying at the du vin anarl. See you on the other side 😂

Aye, when I was in on Tuesday it seemed every other pint bought was the cherry offering. That was first to go. Coffee was on it its lasts yday when I called in. Gone today.

Enjoy your evening.

I always wonder with things like that if it’s because tastes have changed or if it’s because the recipe or processes have changed. I’m sure BrewDog would say the recipe hasn’t changed but they’re not the most trustworthy.
They've definitely changed it as its now 5.1% instead of 5.6% (allegedly to save money on tax). No idea if that would result in a change in the taste.

Back