Craft Beer

Deya - draw the curtains. On draft in the isis. Just gone on. Honestly, a pint of this quality in Sunderland, it’s class. Our lass is going to be doing really well getting me out of here this afternoon. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Steady Rolling Man is on in the Dun Cow, or has been lately anyway. Its not a bad pint but having had it a few times in different places I just don't see the fuss. Not as overrated as Sonoma mind.

Sonoma on cask is probably as good as a session pale ale can be imo!

Logon or register to see this image

Probably had this discussion before i think, its just not for me. Tried it in cans and twice on draft, the one i logged on Untappd was cask, and it wouldnt make my top 50. Incredibly bland.

All the Vaux cask 4% ish pales I've had are better, as is Wylam Lush, Almasty session stuff, Two by Two, I'm just not a fan. If I saw it anywhere I'd just swerve it now.

Steady Rolling Man is on in the Dun Cow, or has been lately anyway. Its not a bad pint but having had it a few times in different places I just don't see the fuss. Not as overrated as Sonoma mind.
I love both of those beers. :lol: Sonoma is only any good in cask but keg SRM is a lovely safe choice. It’s not as exciting as it once was cos I’ve drank so much of it but it’s a great beer. I agree there are better options than both but at least you know what you’re getting with them.

Anyone having a look in at this?

This the one that’s about a tenner to get in? I’d be thirty quid out of pocket before I got a pint :confused:

Just spent me balance in my Hinest Brew account

Going to have a Empress Tonkoko tasting night
Morrisons 4 for 3 offer includes Omnipollo Mudcake for you can get it for £6 a bottle.

Off to the Town Mouse tomorrow for a couple before the Stranglers.

Last edited:
Doing a bottle share tonight with the Pomona Island If I Only and Barley Wine series, 16 bottles!
8 bottles in and it’s become very apparent that 16 bottles in one go is beyond my abilities! We waved one man off after 3 bottles! :lol:
Got through 10 of the 16 bottles! Pathetic effort. Probably shouldn’t have used a keg of Verdant 20 Watt Moon as a pallet cleanser.

Last edited:
Free on Sunday if there's any beer left.

Was excellent last night, great venue, well organised, very well attended and the house band for the weekend, in between DJs, is Sour Mash Trio.

Enjoyed some delicious beers, mainly keg with a few cask, and resisted a very tempting King Of The Woodland honeycomb and pistachio Imperial Stout @ 12.5% which meant I caught the last bus home. Lovely atmosphere and good scran too.

May well return for the Sunday session.

Got a few can of the North pier stuff
It just tastes like homebred.

I had the coffee porter when it first came out, bottled version, and it was superb. Less impressed second time round.

Anyone had any KingAelle? Micro brewery up in Seaton Delaval, the brewer was at Almasty, who seem to have been pretty quiet of late.

Back