Craft Beer

That’s a very good price for 750ml. I love bourbon or whisky barrel aged stouts, I’d imagine the amount of time needed in the barrel puts a lot of breweries off unfortunately. Drinking a bruery barrel aged cherry pie imperial stout, masters of the art The Bruery!
Caps off are only a local brewery so probably can’t charge the sort of prices the bigger breweries do and it’s only 9% but it’s been aged for 18 months though so expecting big things. I dont think any beer can top a bourbon or whisky barrel aged one. Overtone brought one out recently and it was superb.

I think I posted on here when I had it, it’s fantastic. No f***ing about, just a very well done impy.
Straight forward stout with a vanilla ending. Quality
Where’s @dangermows these days like? Just been to Torque. Only the second time. Poor in terms of stouts. Got a couple, but the choice wasn’t there. Blues have 20 times the options.

Last edited:

Where’s @dangermows these days like? Just been to Torque. Only the second time. Poor in terms of stouts. Got a couple, but the choice wasn’t there. Blues have 20 times the options.
How many do Blues have? I didn’t really look at stouts the time I was in.

Looked at our selection, we’ve got 40 stouts and 31 are impies…not sure we’ve got the right balance. :lol:

How many do Blues have? I didn’t really look at stouts the time I was in.

Looked at our selection, we’ve got 40 stouts and 31 are impies…not sure we’ve got the right balance. :lol:
Sounds perfect to me, I feel like I’m cheating myself if I’m drinking from a can & it’s not 8%+ these days. Pubs are a different matter.

Stouts in Blues, I’m guessing 30-40. One of these shelving stands full

Last edited:
Just put on a keg of cloudwater clouds over cross street on at home as we’ve got a gathering next week. Always a bit nervous when I put a keg on as if it’s not great getting through 30l is hard work. Thankfully this is class, could easily drink it all day (which I probably will! :lol:).

I'm absolutely broken today. Worked 11 to 4 yesterday pouring beers for Verdant, obviously sampling it as I went to ensure the quality hadn't dropped like.

After that had a good 5hrs of trying every beer under the sun. Finback's 7 Year Anniversary impy stout was outstanding. Couple of brilliant west coast DIPAs from American breweries I can't remember.

Also had the obligatory pissed up chat to the lad from Full Circle. He's was from Grangetown funnily enough and sound as. They had Disco Stars, a DIPA that tasted like orange peel, a lime sour and a rye IPA. All were choss.

Last edited:
I'm absolutely broken today. Worked 11 to 4 yesterday pouring beers for Verdant, obviously sampling it as I went to ensure the quality hadn't dropped like.

After that had a good 5hrs of trying every beer under the sun. Finback's 7 Year Anniversary impy stout was outstanding. Couple of brilliant west coast DIPAs from American breweries I can't remember.

Also had the obligatory pissed up chat to the lad from Full Circle. He's was from Grangetown funnily enough and sound as. They had Disco Stars, a DIPA that tasted like orange peel, a lime sour and a rye IPA. All were choss.
Is it Alex you were talking to from FCBC?

Was in the Lambton Worm at Birtley today for first time in ages. It’s an S43 pub and they’ve 4 or 5 new cask ales which all seemed interesting. I had a pint of Big Juicy I think it was called on keg and it was very good. Was driving but will be back to try the casks soon. Anyone else tried them?

Was in the Lambton Worm at Birtley today for first time in ages. It’s an S43 pub and they’ve 4 or 5 new cask ales which all seemed interesting. I had a pint of Big Juicy I think it was called on keg and it was very good. Was driving but will be back to try the casks soon. Anyone else tried them?

They're very good, way better than a few years ago when they were Sonnet 43. They do all styles and rarely put a foot wrong be it a stout, sour, pale, IPA, DIPA, etc.

I try most of their releases and they've made some of my favourites of the last year or two.

They're very good, way better than a few years ago when they were Sonnet 43. They do all styles and rarely put a foot wrong be it a stout, sour, pale, IPA, DIPA, etc.

I try most of their releases and they've made some of my favourites of the last year or two.
I’ve had a few of their canned offerings and been impressed. The new casks seemed to be replacements for the standards they had when Sonnet 43 but I’m hoping they’ll be a step up from previous. The beers were that bad I used to drink Guinness in there.

Is it Alex you were talking to from FCBC?
Aye I think it probably was. Whoever it was had good crack anyway and put up with me rambling on about a load of garbage. :lol:

Enjoyed the crack from BOXCAR, Eko and Vault City. All good people. I'd fully recommend volunteering at a beer festival like, it's great fun, I loved it.

Canny view from the BBNo taproom as well. That place will be amazing once they've got it fully set up.

Logon or register to see this image

Aye I think it probably was. Whoever it was had good crack anyway and put up with me rambling on about a load of garbage. :lol:

Enjoyed the crack from BOXCAR, Eko and Vault City. All good people. I'd fully recommend volunteering at a beer festival like, it's great fun, I loved it.

Canny view from the BBNo taproom as well. That place will be amazing once they've got it fully set up.

Did you meet Sam from boxcar?

Back