Craft Beer

As far as impy stouts go, I’ve not seen many better shops than this.

You can say that again ;)

It was very chocolatey when I had it, but you’re the first person I’ve ever heard not say it was great. It wasn’t as good as I’d have hoped, purely because if the hype.
I can see why people would like it, it was just a bit too syrupy and boozy for my taste.

Knocked the whole can myself, I’d have probably enjoyed it more if I’d shared

I can see why people would like it, it was just a bit too syrupy and boozy for my taste.

Knocked the whole can myself, I’d have probably enjoyed it more if I’d shared
I do wish anything over 8% came in 330ml cans. I never really want more than that when it's up at that abv. It'll never happen like as the canning machines aren't setup to switch easily between the two.

I do wish anything over 8% came in 330ml cans. I never really want more than that when it's up at that abv. It'll never happen like as the canning machines aren't setup to switch easily between the two.
Agree with this, some stouts I start off really enjoying it but the last 1/3 becomes a chore. Some are akin to an after dinner liqueur and you wouldn’t sup nigh on a pint of that.

I’ve still got a magnum of Persistence Is Utile in the cupboard :lol:

I’ve still got a magnum of Persistence Is Utile in the cupboard :lol:
Bloody hell. :lol: When is that coming out?
Latest Vaux pale is very good, better than their last pales and IPA's I would say, lots of flavour for a 4.5%er as well. Bit crack on with Les anarl and a cheeky taste of their next offering.
This the stuff on cask? I'm itching to try that, fully into cask at the minute, it's all I want to drink.

Latest Vaux pale is very good, better than their last pales and IPA's I would say, lots of flavour for a 4.5%er as well. Bit crack on with Les anarl and a cheeky taste of their next offering.
He’s a smashing bloke like. Just saw him in the isis. They’ve got a beer festival on. And to be fair to him, he said the cask of the new stuff from Vaux in isis had been shook up a bit and needs to settle.

told him I’d leave it and have a go in the tap room tomorrow. Was planning on going over cos northern portions from Boro are doing bait tomorrow, and their gear is absolutely outstanding
Aye. Haven’t brewed for ages but will be getting set up again soon.
I’m the same. Don’t want to be hanging over a boiler in the height of summer. 😂

Last edited:
He’s a smashing bloke like. Just saw him in the isis. They’ve got a beer festival on. And to be fair to him, he said the cask of the new stuff from Vaux in isis had been shook up a bit and needs to settle.

told him I’d leave it and have a go in the tap room tomorrow. Was planning on going over cos northern portions from Boro are doing bait tomorrow, and their gear is absolutely outstanding

I’m the same. Don’t want to be hanging over a boiler in the height of summer. 😂
Just moved house so need to organise the garage. I’ve even got a desk for in there now for my note taking when brewing!

Back