Craft Beer

Opened my Pohjala Cheesecake Island. Absolutely amazing.
This is on my list to try. Want to get through as many Pohjala, Omnipollo & De Moersleutel stouts as possible. It’s an expensive hobby like.
Took the plunge on a perfect draft. 3 kegs of club troppy to go with . Absolutely love it
I’ve not quite understood these like. What’s the craic, plug it in & stick any can underneath & it changes the beer? Or are you buying specific beer only, like the Guinness surgers?

Last edited:
Bloody hell. :lol: When is that coming out?

This the stuff on cask? I'm itching to try that, fully into cask at the minute, it's all I want to drink.
No idea to be honest! I’ve tried unsuccessfully a couple of times already when people were too drunk.

As we head into the colder months I get more into cask, suits the seasons perfectly. Will be going to Tiny Rebel at some point today or tomorrow and I’m hoping they have Stay Puft on cask.

This is on my list to try. Want to get through as many Pohjala, Omnipollo & De Moersleutel stouts as possible. It’s an expensive hobby like.

I’ve not quite understood these like. What’s the craic, plug it in & stick any can underneath & it changes the beer? Or are you buying specific beer only, like the Guinness surgers?
You buy mini kegs for it. Plug keg in and it dispenses it. They do pour a much nicer pint than cans, but unless you're a big house drinker they're not worth it like.

You buy mini kegs for it. Plug keg in and it dispenses it. They do pour a much nicer pint than cans, but unless you're a big house drinker they're not worth it like.
Probably not worth it for me. My home drinking is becoming less frequent since the pubs have opened.

This Neon Raptor vs Empress is getting some good reviews like.

f***ing hell. I might just turn into a cask convert here like.

the VPA on cask is lovely. Best vaux have put out. And I much prefer keg 😂
Top condition cask blows the tits off keg like. Issue with cask is that the quality varies so much it's insane, unless you're lucky enough to be in a pub that churns out serious amounts of it.

Been down Cloudwater today. Pick of the bunch was the Aspiration Arouses Itself impy stout. It's a blend of two stouts aged in whiskey barrels. Class like. Cloudwater do great stouts.

Ended up buying a couple of mixed ferm stuff to take away. Small bottle of a cider lager blend with Olivers and a lambic. Enjoying the former now, huge Bretty farmyard aroma but more scrumpy cider flavour. Good but not excellent.

Top condition cask blows the tits off keg like. Issue with cask is that the quality varies so much it's insane, unless you're lucky enough to be in a pub that churns out serious amounts of it.

Been down Cloudwater today. Pick of the bunch was the Aspiration Arouses Itself impy stout. It's a blend of two stouts aged in whiskey barrels. Class like. Cloudwater do great stouts.

Ended up buying a couple of mixed ferm stuff to take away. Small bottle of a cider lager blend with Olivers and a lambic. Enjoying the former now, huge Bretty farmyard aroma but more scrumpy cider flavour. Good but not excellent.
I think that’s why me and lots of others have a preference for keg. Had far too much stale, or generally poorly kept cask. The vpa stuff was as fresh as a daisy, tapped the day before and just class. Think the only other place I’ve had a cask as good is town mouse or FCBC.

I think that’s why me and lots of others have a preference for keg. Had far too much stale, or generally poorly kept cask. The vpa stuff was as fresh as a daisy, tapped the day before and just class. Think the only other place I’ve had a cask as good is town mouse or FCBC.

Too much very average cask from older regional breweries, bland bitters, golden ales, pales, blondes etc.

Just came back from a weekend stay at Cheviot brewery. Onsite tap room, glamping and self catering 'pods'... Pizza oven and £3 a pint fresh cask. Oatmeal stout was quality.

Pretty new set up, already booked in for another weekend.

Aye. I’m just starting. There’s a git big homebrew thread on here too
I am on my 10th brew and loving it. Might have a spy.
Aye. Haven’t brewed for ages but will be getting set up again soon.
I am thinking of putting some money into a grainfather. Need my temp controls to be better and hoping if I thorw some money at it I will be able to produce brewery quality beer haha

Back