Craft Beer

It's f***ing class isn't it. 😎 there's a reason I bang on about it it's a fantastic setup.
Place has had an absolute ton of money put into it. Was talking to an retired brewer in Hopknocker, and he reckons the Canning line alone cost over a million. The staff in there are brilliant too. Josie the taproom manager is good crack, as are the rest of the staff. They honestly look after their regulars really well.

And that cask Saison was cracking. I wasn't expecting it to be that good tbh.
It's so good mate. You can see the cash into it though, that's what I'm blown away by. It's the final product, everything is pristine, looks like it's off the top shelf. Stunning place. The way it's set up overlooking the brewery is outstanding.

Compare and contrast to Almasty which is a similar brewery but gone on that different path due to finance. Like night and day.

Tyne Bar done. Up to Wylam now. God bless go north east.

Compare and contrast to Almasty which is a similar brewery but gone on that different path due to finance. Like night and day.

Tyne Bar done. Up to Wylam now. God bless go north east.

I love Almasty too. Beers are so good, and getting better. I keep chipping away on the socials and the odd time I see Ben in FCBC to sort a collab out with Almasty 😀

Only place I've yet to get to in Newcastle is Errant. Bit of a challenge to get there cos I think they only open once a month or so.

Looking forward to Alpha Delta opening next to beer street too.
@dangermows you seen on FCBCs socials? They're supporting all of their loyal customers with free kegs and a tap takeover - Northern Revival. Supporting all the little independent customers as they reopen.

Blues are mentioned - and I've seen the two that run it picking stuff up through there.

Honestly man, there is nothing to dislike about them. I've a sneaky feeling that the owner is a MLF too - Lanchester is in county durham, and there's pictures of the Sol on his socials. He's sensibly keeping football out of beer like 😉

Last edited:
Will have to get to the north east for a brewery tour sometime. All of these sound class

For now, supping a Deya Rolling Man on my tod at home

Honestly you need to drink thirds of a pint to get round them all in one go 😂

By The River
Brinkburn
FCBC
Wylam
Errant
Almasty
Newcastle Brewing Co (arch 2)
Anarchy (meh)
Tyne Bank (meh - apart from the smoked Porter)
Box Social / Alpha Delta ( bit further out in Newburn) but hopefully opening next to beer street soon
And Sunlun getting in on act with Varksies.

Probably missed a few to be honest

And that's just the brewers I can think of off the top of my head.

There's class pubs / bars too 😎

I love Almasty too. Beers are so good, and getting better. I keep chipping away on the socials and the odd time I see Ben in FCBC to sort a collab out with Almasty 😀

Only place I've yet to get to in Newcastle is Errant. Bit of a challenge to get there cos I think they only open once a month or so.

Looking forward to Alpha Delta opening next to beer street too.
@dangermows you seen on FCBCs socials? They're supporting all of their loyal customers with free kegs and a tap takeover - Northern Revival. Supporting all the little independent customers as they reopen.

Blues are mentioned - and I've seen the two that run it picking stuff up through there.

Honestly man, there is nothing to dislike about them. I've a sneaky feeling that the owner is a MLF too - Lanchester is in county durham, and there's pictures of the Sol on his socials. He's sensibly keeping football out of beer like 😉
Hadn't seen that so thanks for that, much appreciated. Who are you saying is a MLF? I know Callum from Blues is but I presume you're on about Full Circle!?

By The River
Brinkburn
FCBC
Wylam
Errant
Almasty
Anarchy (meh)
Box Social / Alpha Delta ( bit further out in Newburn) but hopefully opening next to beer street soon

I'd break it up over a long weekend. Too many places to go and you end up cockeyed and not appreciating it IMO. @James sounds like he has had a good few days.

Last edited:
Hadn't seen that so thanks for that, much appreciated. Who are you saying is a MLF? I know Callum from Blues is but I presume you're on about Full Circle!?

I'd break it up over a long weekend. Too many places to go and you end up cockeyed and not appreciating it IMO. @James sounds like he has had a good few days.

I'm balls deep in an s43 impy so my posts are all over the place 😁

Aye I meant the owner of FCBC, Ben. He took some flying lessons and there's pictures of Durham and the SOL.

Just been about 1mile from Brew York’s tap room, can’t go. In the car on the way to Aldi instead to get stuff for our BBQ. Going to have a Norse Star II to kick start things. The lad I’m with has planted the seed to watch the two matches in a local boozer. See how the lasses react. Think it’ll be Guinness like. Doubt there’ll be craft offerings.

Just been about 1mile from Brew York’s tap room, can’t go. In the car on the way to Aldi instead to get stuff for our BBQ. Going to have a Norse Star II to kick start things. The lad I’m with has planted the seed to watch the two matches in a local boozer. See how the lasses react. Think it’ll be Guinness like. Doubt there’ll be craft offerings.

Had their Kirsch Russell thing last week at FCBC. Utterly bonkers. Sweet cherry sour thing. Sounds minging. Ended up going to rehills for a few cans of it 😎

By The River
Brinkburn
FCBC
Wylam
Errant
Almasty
Anarchy (meh)

Tbought the beer was f***ing shit when we went + half them weren't on

Had that Northern Monk Green Heathen yesterday, truly awful tasted like I was drinking grass, thats the first bad beer they have ever done, on the other hand also had Divine Faith and it was superb.

Had that Northern Monk Green Heathen yesterday, truly awful tasted like I was drinking grass, thats the first bad beer they have ever done, on the other hand also had Divine Faith and it was superb.
Got one in the cupboard. Tried another CBD one the other day that was foul though. Had the Faith in Futures recently that was good.

Back