Craft Beer

Had a Maltgarden blueberry and Peanut Butter pastry sour earlier, bloody awful!

I'm just finding my feet with sours but that sounds rank 😂
Had the two Vauxy pale ales this afternoon. Really enjoyed the ‘Hazy shade of Citra’

It's canny, but last years version was superb. There's quite a difference which hopefully they learn from going forward.

Upcoming beers last I heard were a Kolsch, American brown ale, DIPA and a new hazy shade showcasing a different hop.

Last edited:

Not had a bad beer from them. Good brewery
Their handling of this has been dreadful. Effectively blaming customers for their beers exploding because they didn't keep them in the fridge like it says on the can. The product should have never made it to market for a start, but once you've got a problem you need to admit you cocked up and take the hit.

It's a shame as it has really soured (no pun intended) my view of them. Thought they were canny before, but this is bizarre.

Their handling of this has been dreadful. Effectively blaming customers for their beers exploding because they didn't keep them in the fridge like it says on the can. The product should have never made it to market for a start, but once you've got a problem you need to admit you cocked up and take the hit.

It's a shame as it has really soured (no pun intended) my view of them. Thought they were canny before, but this is bizarre.
Their wording has been poor, can’t argue with that. It’s fair enough to say a beer needs to be stored cold in order to keep it at its best but there is no way cans should be exploding at room temperature, especially in such a short space of time, and it’s definitely a brewery issue. They should have just said sorry and issued a recall, people would have accepted these things happen from time to time.

Well young James, I’ve had nee bother. I never realised it was a thing

My weekend of average/poor beer has been saved...by a table beer!!!

Absolutely superb, loads of body for such a low abv beer! This is better than any table beer I’ve had from The Kernel who are usually seen as the benchmark. GlassHouse are knocking out some superb beers (apart from the one from the other day, that was awful!) at the minute.

a couple of mine from the weekend
this is like a curly wurly in a glass..7% as well, its got a lot going on

Logon or register to see this image

then this one also from play brew

a lot of fruit up front..but then that sour note kicks ion and has a nice hoppy bitterness to finish. Really good

I had that stout at the weekend. Quite enjoyed it. Going to explore Plays range, they get decent press on this thread like.

Tesco getting Northern Monk Northern Star in. Not particularly excited about a 440ml can since I bought the 330ml from Morrison’s.

Feels like the supermarkets have ran out of steam. There’s not much at all to get excited about outside if proper beer shops.
Just been to Tesco & they’ve got 4 of the 330mls for £8 or a 440ml for £2 with a Clubcard. So I bought it. Might drink it during the second half tonight.
a couple of mine from the weekend
this is like a curly wurly in a glass..7% as well, its got a lot going on

then this one also from play brew

a lot of fruit up front..but then that sour note kicks ion and has a nice hoppy bitterness to finish. Really good

I had that stout at the weekend. Quite enjoyed it. Going to explore Plays range, they get decent press on this thread like.
Where was the Choca Bloca bought from?

Back