Craft Beer

Got my first Honest Brew delivery. Opening offer was 6 of their basic beers for £9 delivered.

Moor Beer Company - Stout - 5%
Signature Brew - Nightliner Coffee Porter - 5.7%
Tiny Rebel - Stay Puft - 5.2%
Siren - Broken Dream - 6.5%
Yeastie Boys - Pot Kettle Black - 6%
Six Degrees North - Snowy - 6%

Doing £15 a month into it. Will buy every 4 months & get in a load of Impy Stouts.

Death by Coconut is absolutely tremendous.
Oskar blues brewery is a bit special to me as it was my local when I had a couple of long stays in Longmont, Colorado. Was literally across the road, fantastic beers and food, great atmosphere and loads of good live music. Also visited the original site and bar up in Lyons, about half hour drive from Longmont/Boulder, proper one horse town with nothing much else there other than the bar. Weakest beer on the menu was around 5%, no bud, Miller or coors here. That area is a craft beer paradise with more microbrewerys than anywhere else in the states. Beware tho, at 5000+ft above sea level, it knocks ya block off.

Don’t think this has been mentioned?

But fuck yeah!

On all the socials yesterday it sold out in minutes apparently.
Was speaking to the lad who is the head brewer at Tyne bank about a year ago, and they made a creme egg stout. Was one of the only beers they binned the whole batch of. It was "f***ing rotten" so he said :lol:

Creme eggs aren't even very nice anyway, cant imagine it will be any nicer in a beer.

Managed to get some of the new Cloudwater stuff today before it sold out, good value really considering they are one of if not the best brewery around, got 12 different beers for 53 quid with key worker discount, pretty much all between 7% and 10%.

The Mrs friend is doing a German themed lager tasting night on zoom. Our box hasn’t arrived so had to nip out and get some beers in. Brewdog lost lager was 4 cans for 3.50 in Tesco which isn’t bad. Had a bit of fun in the polish shop as well.

Tesco getting Northern Monk Northern Star in. Not particularly excited about a 440ml can since I bought the 330ml from Morrison’s.

Feels like the supermarkets have ran out of steam. There’s not much at all to get excited about outside if proper beer shops.

Couple of two by two dandelions which are fab and a one I haven't had called cruisers creek.

Some Almasty believe, cloudwater signature DDHs, a pollys yearn and fall and 2 BYOB full of verdant lightbulb and magnetic field for the weekend.....

Tesco getting Northern Monk Northern Star in. Not particularly excited about a 440ml can since I bought the 330ml from Morrison’s.

Feels like the supermarkets have ran out of steam. There’s not much at all to get excited about outside if proper beer shops.
Agree with that. Think about this time last year there was some class stuff in the supermarkets. Now it’s all a bit meh.

currently drinking a “puff tart xl” by the brewing projekt. Very sweet, probably too sweet to be honest...

Back