Craft Beer

Determined the Siren stouts will last till Christmas. Determined.

:lol:
Edit: just back from my morning walk, the new Morrison’s at Dalton Park opened at 7.

whole new beer aisle, all full - not one bottle or can removed.

spent 40 quid. They have the entire craft range. Northern Monk, Brewdog and a couple of Siren. All within a two minute walk. 😂

our lass just shook her head when I clattered back in the house.

There's a few canny uns, I preferred pretty much the less hyped ones but that's probably just my tastes. Off the top of my head the Buxton coffee stout, a North IPA, nitro Jet Black Heart and Tram were my favourites. Norse Star is very good, just not for me.

There's a few canny uns, I preferred pretty much the less hyped ones but that's probably just my tastes. Off the top of my head the Buxton coffee stout, a North IPA, nitro Jet Black Heart and Tram were my favourites. Norse Star is very good, just not for me.
I had a can of the Buxton one about a year ago and thought it was class, a nice surprise to see it turn up in the supermarkets. Gunna pop to Morrisons tonight to see whether they have it in.

I had a can of the Buxton one about a year ago and thought it was class, a nice surprise to see it turn up in the supermarkets. Gunna pop to Morrisons tonight to see whether they have it in.

I find a lot of coffee stouts can be too sweet for me, this is more straight up coffee and whilst it won't suit everyone it does me.

I find a lot of coffee stouts can be too sweet for me, this is more straight up coffee and whilst it won't suit everyone it does me.
I do like stouts with all the adjuncts in, and all the different varieties of flavours. It’s damn hard just to get hold of a decent straight up stout though. Full Circles Snake Island is a non complicated decent stout is probably one of the only ones kicking about at the minute

I do like stouts with all the adjuncts in, and all the different varieties of flavours. It’s damn hard just to get hold of a decent straight up stout though. Full Circles Snake Island is a non complicated decent stout is probably one of the only ones kicking about at the minute

Brass Castle Dark Web was similar, fine line between black IPA and stout with some of the hoppy stouts. Marble Stout is a proper dry stout, very nice.

Got orders from Tiny Rebel, Vocation and Cloudwater all on the way, have a beer advent from honest brew in the house, I make that about 55 beers in total and I am still worried it wont be enough for Christmas :D

I really enjoyed the Sweet Temptation from Vocation and Brew York.

I’ve always said I like the strong, thick, sweet stouts, but lately they’re getting daft with how sweet they are.

I really enjoyed the Sweet Temptation from Vocation and Brew York.
Just bought another one the day, but I’m sure it was over the top on the sweetness last time I had a go
The Buxton one was good like. Got another couple in the fridge.

Was across Ponteland yesterday so nipped in Waitrose & got a Fuller Imperial Stout. Comes in a nice box & all that. It’s probably more presentation than pet else. Might keep it for Christmas.

Last edited:
35% off Laine (think there was a 40% earlier in the thread)

Code - LAINELOVES35

Shame it’s absolute shite.
Determined the Siren stouts will last till Christmas. Determined.
I’ve still got the previous 2 years releases in the garage, they just don’t appeal to me so I have no idea why I keep buying them.

Last edited:
Rehills in Jesmond had some cans of the BA Cherry Tonkoko stuff earlier in the week. Limited to two cans per person. I’ve got a couple for Xmas day - to go with the Siren limited stuff

Cherry isn't for me so not bothering with that or the latest Tesco one. Still need to pick up my latest S43 beers, and may pop to Blues this weekend, no pubs so may as well treat myself to some beer.

Rehills in Jesmond had some cans of the BA Cherry Tonkoko stuff earlier in the week. Limited to two cans per person. I’ve got a couple for Xmas day - to go with the Siren limited stuff

:lol:

CentrAle got it anarl. Its topper.
Cherry isn't for me so not bothering with that or the latest Tesco one. Still need to pick up my latest S43 beers, and may pop to Blues this weekend, no pubs so may as well treat myself to some beer.

I shall be off to Blues later. Always have good uns in.

Back