Craft Beer

Got a tin of that on hold for me, looks class. Think Play Brew are one of the most exiting breweries in the country atm, knocking out some bangers and they're only a year old. Very promising.

B:cool:r:cool:

Aye, got a fair few different ones in from them the other day, when I got a couple of those lolly milks.

The DIPA on the bottom of this page is excellent.

Last edited:
Got another four of these. Love the stuff.

The stout is tremendous.
S43 are smashing them out at the minute. They are so far removed from when they were Sonnet 43. They hired an American guy as their head brewer and haven’t looked back. Just released a collab with Full Circle that I had yesterday. Absolute quality.

that dank money is class mind.
Oh and got these from Ben in Durham at the weekend.
@Frijj these are generally cracking stouts for Christmas....

Last edited:
S43 are smashing them out at the minute. They are so far removed from when they were Sonnet 43. They hired an American guy as their head brewer and haven’t looked back. Just released a collab with Full Circle that I had yesterday. Absolute quality.

Are S43 and Sonnet still the same people? I’ve heard the new beers are good but when I’ve been in the Lambton Worm in Birtley they haven’t even had them on (or the cans). They were still knocking out the old shit

Agreed. They're my favourite at the moment.

ah, why thank you

Are S43 and Sonnet still the same people? I’ve heard the new beers are good but when I’ve been in the Lambton Worm in Birtley they haven’t even had them on (or the cans). They were still knocking out the old shit
I’m sure they’ve rebranded the whole lot. The old Sonnet stuff, that raven and yellow taxi shite was poison. Dunno if they’re still making it.

s43 are proper prolific like, there’s a new beer out every week it seems.

I’m sure they’ve rebranded the whole lot. The old Sonnet stuff, that raven and yellow taxi shite was poison. Dunno if they’re still making it.

s43 are proper prolific like, there’s a new beer out every week it seems.
Hopefully once the pubs open up again they’ll have the beers on draft. Usually I drink Guinness in there despite it being their tap house as the ales are so bad

Saw the thread about people who have their own glass at a pub. Craft beer types I reckon.
Nah mate. Craft beer types have a poncy different type of glass for different types of beers. Proper pretentious twats. ;)
Hopefully once the pubs open up again they’ll have the beers on draft. Usually I drink Guinness in there despite it being their tap house as the ales are so bad
I’ll be honest, I’ve never been. To the Lambton Worm. Will have an explore once the lockdown is over. The website is all branded as s43, so who knows. I’ve had s43 on draft in Hop Knocker and Beer Street, so it is knocking about

Last edited:
Siren’s Caribbean chocolate cake beers are out, I’ve ordered all 4 :lol:

Would highly recommend for anyone who likes stouts/porters.
All four sitting in my beer fridge now. Hop Knocker was one of the launch venues :cool:

also managed to blag a can of the Limited edition BrewYork state of mind cherry thing https://brewyork.co.uk/product/ba-cherry-tonkoko/

it sold out everywhere really quick -but the lads at Port Bierhaus in the town had it. They’ve got a canny setup through there. Going to be using them more often.

All four sitting in my beer fridge now. Hop Knocker was one of the launch venues :cool:

also managed to blag a can of the Limited edition BrewYork state of mind cherry thing https://brewyork.co.uk/product/ba-cherry-tonkoko/

it sold out everywhere really quick -but the lads at Port Bierhaus in the town had it. They’ve got a canny setup through there. Going to be using them more often.

Got mine from CentrAle. Great place that.

Let me know how the stouts are.

Got mine from CentrAle. Great place that.

Let me know how the stouts are.
Looking forward to the stouts, I’ve also got some stuff coming from Little earth project. Real left field sour and farmhouse stuff.
I do like Centrale, the owner seems a bit standoffish though, not a great deal of craic. Might be he doesn’t like talking to mackem Pisspots :lol:

when I’m that way on, I tend to go to Rehills or lately the bottle shop under FullCircles tap room. Like I said though I’m trying to support the two shops in Sunderland - be nice to see them flourish.

Last edited:
Looking forward to the stouts, I’ve also got some stuff coming from Little earth project. Real left field sour and farmhouse stuff.
I do like Centrale, the owner seems a bit standoffish though, not a great deal of craic. Might be he doesn’t like talking to mackem Pisspots :lol:

when I’m that way on, I tend to go to Rehills or lately the bottle shop under FullCircles tap room. Like I said though I’m trying to support the two shops in Sunderland - be nice to see them flourish.

I was never fussed with Tehills, think it hot over hyped. Torque operating as a shop at the moment, got some cracking stuff in.there, little shop and Blues is where I tend to go.

I was never fussed with Tehills, think it hot over hyped. Torque operating as a shop at the moment, got some cracking stuff in.there, little shop and Blues is where I tend to go.
Rehills have an impeccable range mind - plus 4 key kegs on at any time. They’re a little bit over priced, but get some class stuff in. I haven’t ventured to Blues yet, but the other places you’ve mentioned will often see me in having a mooch :lol:

Back