Craft Beer

Got a couple of cans by Two By Two yesterday. Silverback DIPA and Snake Eyes IPA. Both very good, Silverback especially

Snake Eyes is Nottingham way. Black Iris brewery just round the corner from me and they are cracking pints. Since lockdown I’ve had a keg every other weekend.

Anyone ever had any Shiny brewery pints? Got a can I’m just about to crack open but an utterly stunning brewery

Anyone know of anywhere to get mini kegs from locally ! Got a couple of Swedish blonde from maxim through rainton and they were class for £20 (5ltrs)

I was thinking of getting a 20L bag in box from S23 brewery through Bowburn

Anyone know of anywhere to get mini kegs from locally ! Got a couple of Swedish blonde from maxim through rainton and they were class for £20 (5ltrs)

I was thinking of getting a 20L bag in box from S23 brewery through Bowburn
Sure Brewdog do mini kegs.
Had the Cloudwater Chocolate Orange stout over the weekend, one of the best beers I have ever had. One of the best breweries around are Cloudwater.
Been to their brewery/taproom in Manchester. Some canny gear. Had a Christmas cake stout there last year

Rehills have an impeccable range mind - plus 4 key kegs on at any time. They’re a little bit over priced, but get some class stuff in. I haven’t ventured to Blues yet, but the other places you’ve mentioned will often see me in having a mooch :lol:

Perhaps I was expecting to have my mind blown with what I'd heard. They have perhaps upped their game as wasn't kegs when I used to go. Blues is very good, definitely worth a visit.

Snake Eyes is Nottingham way. Black Iris brewery just round the corner from me and they are cracking pints. Since lockdown I’ve had a keg every other weekend.

Anyone ever had any Shiny brewery pints? Got a can I’m just about to crack open but an utterly stunning brewery
Used to have Shiny quite a lot when I worked/drank in Lichfield, very good beers and it’s a shame they aren’t seen further afield very often.

Double Maxim or Best Scotch on Christmas day table is bliss otherwise none through the year it's just like sugar water for me so my normal tipple is Vodka. I pay for the Smirnoff or Russian brands cos cheap vodka isn't nice.

Last edited:
Vocation doing some decent fridge filling deals this week.

BLACK FRIDAY DEALS

Was tempted to load up on those stouts and the Sure Shot DIPA collab but think I'll hold on in the hope of better deals elsewhere.

Cheers mate, done just that. .
Tiny Rebel advent calendar arrived today, along with an order from Beer Merchants. Should see me through til Christmas :cool:

It won't though, cos you know you'll see other beers pop up between now and then, and despite being stocked, you'll not be able to resist. We're all the same :lol:

Last edited:
Cheers mate, done just that. .

It won't though, cos you know you'll see other beers pop up between now and then, and despite being stocked, you'll not be able to resist. We're all the same :lol:

Determined the Siren stouts will last till Christmas. Determined.

:lol:
Edit: just back from my morning walk, the new Morrison’s at Dalton Park opened at 7.

whole new beer aisle, all full - not one bottle or can removed.

spent 40 quid. They have the entire craft range. Northern Monk, Brewdog and a couple of Siren. All within a two minute walk. 😂

our lass just shook her head when I clattered back in the house.

Last edited:

Back