Craft Beer

Only been in one brew dog pub and I was three sheets to the wind,struggling to stand or speak and it was in trendy north London and cant recall what I drank.

Walked past the Newcastle one once and it did look like a scene from the "Real Ale Twats" in the viz.

Not into craft beers but I dont think that tv programme about the company did it any favours.

I appreciate other companies make Craft.

I have been in Brewdog, it was like another layer of hell.
I have never had a can of Carling as far as I can remember.

Brewdog :lol:
Love paying £6 for a third of a limited-run imperial stout like. It's those kind of places that the Carling and Fosters drinkers stay away from, as they can't get pissed for £20. A higher class establishment with no lager-drinking scratters. Bliss.

When I worked in a bar several years back I told a Bristow type character that 'Wetherspoons is over the road' when they asked 'Have you not got any 'normal' lager?'

The answer to that was yes but I decided he didn't deserve any and he probably wouldn't understand that it was a 'normal' lager he just might not have had the particular brand before.

Last edited:
Brewdog :lol:

When I worked in a bar several years back I told a Bristow type character that 'Wetherspoons is over the road' when they asked 'Have you not got any 'normal' lager?'

The answer to that was yes but I decided he didn't deserve any and he probably wouldn't understand that it was a 'normal' lager he just might not have had the particular brand before.
I think I remember that, the lisping barman who couldnt pull a pint.

It's the 9% imperial porter we are talking about too. Also in the same bracket is fierce beer.
Purchased my Christmas Belgium selection online. Stille nacht, pannepot reserva and some big barrel aged imperial stouts.
Pannepot is an absolute belter.
It's the 9% imperial porter we are talking about too. Also in the same bracket is fierce beer.
Purchased my Christmas Belgium selection online. Stille nacht, pannepot reserva and some big barrel aged imperial stouts.
Pannepot is an absolute belter.
Just picked up a coconut stout, marshmallow stout and mocha stout from Lidl.
Is Stay Puft in stock ANYWHERE?
Imperial Stay Puft Irish Coffee on wholesale lists this week so that’ll be knocking about.
Only been in one brew dog pub and I was three sheets to the wind,struggling to stand or speak and it was in trendy north London and cant recall what I drank.

Walked past the Newcastle one once and it did look like a scene from the "Real Ale Twats" in the viz.

Not into craft beers but I dont think that tv programme about the company did it any favours.

I appreciate other companies make Craft.
I find BrewDog bars a bit hit and miss, some I really like but some are a bit soulless.

Last edited:
That Coco Noco milk stout from Lidl is sensational for the price. Really enjoyed that. I'd go back for more but buying those was the most stressful experience of my life, what a shambles of a shop. :lol:

Have ordered some of the Track lemon sours and their latest DIPA today. Looking forward to trying that. One of the locals has a Full Circle stout on tap as well so will be heading out tomorrow to sample a few.

I see Morissons have another batch of beers out next week too. A Northern Monk chocolate caramel biscuit porter, Northern Monk x Alpha Delta DDH IPA, a Brewdog OW hazelnut sour stout and a Lervig Russian impy (but that one is only available in Byker in the North East).

That Coco Noco milk stout from Lidl is sensational for the price. Really enjoyed that. I'd go back for more but buying those was the most stressful experience of my life, what a shambles of a shop. :lol:

Have ordered some of the Track lemon sours and their latest DIPA today. Looking forward to trying that. One of the locals has a Full Circle stout on tap as well so will be heading out tomorrow to sample a few.

I see Morissons have another batch of beers out next week too. A Northern Monk chocolate caramel biscuit porter, Northern Monk x Alpha Delta DDH IPA, a Brewdog OW hazelnut sour stout and a Lervig Russian impy (but that one is only available in Byker in the North East).

why only byker

Ordered a few cans of Sonoma after seeing someone recommend it on here - very nice!

Got a couple of Sonnet 43 Fly Guy IPA's later as well.

Think my favourite beer I've tried so far was the Almasty yellow Pale Ale.

Bring on the lockdown, work, running and craft beers for a month+

Last edited:
Got a load of the new tiny rebel gear and some cloudwater stuff on order, also just ordered the honest brew ultimate advent calendar, pricey at £110 but has some cracking sounding beers in it.

Ordered a few cans of Sonoma after seeing someone recommend it on here - very nice!

Got a couple of Sonnet 43 Fly Guy IPA's later as well.

Think my favourite beer I've tried so far was the Almasty yellow Pale Ale.

Bring on the lockdown, work, running and craft beers for a month+

I need another Sonoma, I thought it was bland but gets so much love I need to try another. Almasty Believe (the pink one) and Vaux Hazy Shade of Citra are probably my favourite beers of the last 6 months.

Back