Craft Beer

Track are doing 15% off all online orders, the code is ‘TIER3’ - highly recommend if you haven’t tried them before, one of my favourite breweries. Sonoma is a modern classic IMO.

I've drank more Sonoma than I care to admit over lockdown :lol:

Plenty of cans and then some kegs landed up here so got some growler pours.

As you say, a modern classic that stands alongside Lagonda from Marble, imo. And I rate Lagonda really f***ing highly.

I bought the Chokka Blokka from Lidl on wednesday. Coffee and chocolate flavour inspired by the Mayans (?). Was nice for the first few sips. couldn't drink anymore than a can though. 6/10

Neipa from Lidl. Description says juicy peach and passion fruit flavours. Exactly what it is, clean tasting New England IPA. 8/10

Also bought Luminous Nights New England DIPA and Talking Head American Pale Ale from Lidl. Havent tried those yet.

Logon or register to see this image

Where's that from?
It's the 9% imperial porter we are talking about too. Also in the same bracket is fierce beer.
Purchased my Christmas Belgium selection online. Stille nacht, pannepot reserva and some big barrel aged imperial stouts.

Last edited:
Had this:

Was rank. Have enjoyed all the others from there. @Frijj what was the coconut stout called. Didn't see anything like that up here.

I’ve just been told about Darwin Brewery today. Down next to the river. Not sure how this has passed me by

Got some canny discounts going, and free delivery if you live locally.
Ordered some late last night, and they dropped it off today. Service was spot on.

Tried the marshmallow stout from lidl last night, bang average for me, got the last two, should have left one for someone else.

I thought the Tiny Rebel one was crap so decided to swerve this one. Picked up a couple of the Choco Mocca ones and a Loch Lomand NEPA. The latter was so bad I had to pour it down the sink, never done that before. Yet to try the stouts.

Tried the marshmallow stout from lidl last night, bang average for me, got the last two, should have left one for someone else.
Like them me
I thought the Tiny Rebel one was crap so decided to swerve this one. Picked up a couple of the Choco Mocca ones and a Loch Lomand NEPA. The latter was so bad I had to pour it down the sink, never done that before. Yet to try the stouts.
The Choco Mocca ones were a bit of a disappointment like

Like them me

The Choco Mocca ones were a bit of a disappointment like

I've got it wrong, it's the Coco Noco ones I picked up.

That minging one was Zoom Time. It had such a watery finish, like something you'd expect from a table beer or really low ABV. Worth a try at the price though!

I've got it wrong, it's the Coco Noco ones I picked up.

That minging one was Zoom Time. It had such a watery finish, like something you'd expect from a table beer or really low ABV. Worth a try at the price though!

I thought it was OK, if a little thin. Certainly not a sink pour, although not sure I'd buy it again. Had worse that I paid far more for.

I thought it was OK, if a little thin. Certainly not a sink pour, although not sure I'd buy it again. Had worse that I paid far more for.
I genuinely couldn't drink it, made me feel sick. :lol: I'm struggling quite a lot with NEPAs since my sense of taste and smell came back, they don't taste the same. There's a hop I can't quite put my finger on that is overpowering and I find it undrinkable, it tastes vile to me. That plus the thin mouthfeel was enough to go down the drain.

Back