Cracked rib

Done mine playing football, tackled a lad and his knee went into my ribs, bloody knacked, couldn't breathe, manager came on, thought I was winded and started rubbing my sides, could of killed him....

Went back to my girlfriends house for lunch, not knowing I'd broke my ribs. I was in agony so she suggested I have a hot bath, got in felt great, she came in and said she was off to her Gran's with her mam and dad and would be back in a few hours....
I lay there feeling relaxed and the pain was easing, the bath started to get cold, so I decided it was time to get out, but I couldn't, the pain was excruciating, couldn't lift my self out of the bath, couldn't move to reach the taps, so had to lie there till they came bacl a few hours later and her dad had to lift me out of the freezing cold water....in agony, totally embarrased and a cock like a Walnut Whip :oops::lol:

Done mine playing football, tackled a lad and his knee went into my ribs, bloody knacked, couldn't breathe, manager came on, thought I was winded and started rubbing my sides, could of killed him....

Went back to my girlfriends house for lunch, not knowing I'd broke my ribs. I was in agony so she suggested I have a hot bath, got in felt great, she came in and said she was off to her Gran's with her mam and dad and would be back in a few hours....
I lay there feeling relaxed and the pain was easing, the bath started to get cold, so I decided it was time to get out, but I couldn't, the pain was excruciating, couldn't lift my self out of the bath, couldn't move to reach the taps, so had to lie there till they came bacl a few hours later and her dad had to lift me out of the freezing cold water....in agony, totally embarrased and a cock like a Walnut Whip :oops::lol:
😂😂

will stay out of the bath then!

😂

Not for the broken ribs obviously, I’ve been there and it knacks.

My bottom 2 ribs on my left side are a weak spot and break/crack about 3 times a year.
Currently in a bit of pain after they popped about 8 weeks ago installing a washing machine.

Done mine a few times and its bloody awful.
What does help if you need to cough twist a towel around, put it around your chest and twist together at the front to tighten. Stops them moving as much.

Done mine playing futa and I can honestly say I've never felt pain like it and it was worse at night in bed no matter how I positioned my self it was agony, for about 6 weeks

Cracked another rib playing football on Sunday. This time just closer to my back, so thankfully no pain sneezing.

Hoping it's only a deep bruise impact injury still🤞🤞

Just getting over broken ribs, done them about 2 months ago playing cricket, forgot I was 45 and not 21 and landed awkwardly diving for the ball, heard them pop.. as others have said try to take as many deep breaths as you can daily.. I found I couldn’t lie down as was too painful so slept in a chair for about 4/5 weeks.. just got out of hospital with pneumonia and blood clot on lungs but unsure if it was rib injury related.. painkillers and rest is the answer mate.

Broken ribs is the worst pain I’ve even had in my life. Almost a fortnight of no sleeping, no coughing, laughing or sneezing, f***ing knacked.

Ive never had a baby but I reckon it would be a walk in the park compared to broken ribs like.

Broken ribs is the worst pain I’ve even had in my life. Almost a fortnight of no sleeping, no coughing, laughing or sneezing, f***ing knacked.

Ive never had a baby but I reckon it would be a walk in the park compared to broken ribs like.

On my second stint of broken ribs now, you are exaggerating a bit there tbf :lol:
nothing outrageous at all to put up with

Last edited:

Back