Covid Corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was it though. Sounds like it wasn’t reading that but even if it was they are clearly breaking the law giving contracts to mates etc
What law are they breaking? If vital goods were supplied then who gives a fuck who supplied them? If there is evidence of wrongdoing then wait for it to come out before assuming there is corruption and throwing a hissy fit.

What law are they breaking? If vital goods were supplied then who gives a fuck who supplied them? If there is evidence of wrongdoing then wait for it to come out before assuming there is corruption and throwing a hissy fit.
Sounds like you are throwing a hissy fit

Their business is nothing to do with this. You may as well get me to broke it
You have no idea who they know tho do you. If it turns out the ppe wasn’t delivered then by all means have a go but there is nothing to suggest that’s the case is there?
A remarkable coincidence that a broker for the govt to buy loads of PPE was a company ran by a friend of Liz Truss
So are you suggesting:

a) there was no ppe and the money has been stolen?
b) there was ppe but somehow the government have passed it to one of their mates to sell back to the government?

Is there any evidence to support either of those?

You have no idea who they know tho do you. If it turns out the ppe wasn’t delivered then by all means have a go but there is nothing to suggest that’s the case is there?

So are you suggesting:

b) there was ppe but somehow the government have passed it to one of their mates to sell back to the government?

That’s absolutely rotten logic

So are you suggesting:

I’m suggesting the possibility that these companies were used not because of the best value to the taxpayer, but because of their connections to the govt.

Clearly there is evidence (that neither you nor I are privy to) to suggest this may be the case, hence the legal action

That’s absolutely rotten logic
Which bit?
I’m suggesting the possibility that these companies were used not because of the best value to the taxpayer, but because of their connections to the govt.

Clearly there is evidence (that neither you nor I are privy to) to suggest this may be the case, hence the legal action
Clearly? So far all there is is a bloke starting the legal process on Twitter which seems odd. There may well have been wrong doing and if there is I hope it’s exposed but putting something on Twitter doesn’t make it true. I’d wager this will just disappear...which will no doubt be turned into another government conspiracy.

Last edited:
Which bit?

Clearly? So far all there is is a bloke starting the legal process on Twitter which seems odd. There may well have been wrong doing and if there is I hope it’s exposed but putting something on Twitter doesn’t make it true. I’d wager this will just disappear...which will no doubt be turned into another government conspiracy.
All of it.

It’s absolutely absurd to argue the gifting (and I use that word deliberately) of a huge procurement contract to a company that a) doesn’t have any capital whatsoever b) has no history in that business

this is contracting 101.

All of it.

It’s absolutely absurd to argue the gifting (and I use that word deliberately) of a huge procurement contract to a company that a) doesn’t have any capital whatsoever b) has no history in that business

this is contracting 101.
So f they delivered then that doesn’t matter?

Im sure when there was a desperate shortage of ppe you were suggesting that only companies with a) loads of capital and b) a history of delivering ppe to the nhs were used. Funny tho, most people were demanding all avenues were explored at the time and criticised the government for being too narrow on their scope. If there is wrong doing then hopefully it’ll be exposed but it’s wrong just to assume that’s the case without seeing a shred of evidence.

So f they delivered then that doesn’t matter?

Im sure when there was a desperate shortage of ppe you were suggesting that only companies with a) loads of capital and b) a history of delivering ppe to the nhs were used. Funny tho, most people were demanding all avenues were explored at the time and criticised the government for being too narrow on their scope. If there is wrong doing then hopefully it’ll be exposed but it’s wrong just to assume that’s the case without seeing a shred of evidence.
Interesting question.

does it matter? Yes if it’s corrupt.

there isn’t a shred of evidence? They have 19k of assets. It’s utterly absurd

Interesting question.

does it matter? Yes if it’s corrupt.

there isn’t a shred of evidence? They have 19k of assets. It’s utterly absurd
Yes, if it’s corrupt. Again, there is no evidence.

It’s absurd because you don’t think a company with few assets could deliver a huge volume of ppe? Case closed, lock them up now.

I know it wasn’t PPE but remember the media and many on here playing hell that government hadn't placed an order for ventilators with a company in the north west who were agents for disability equipment but who claimed that they could source ventilators from a “contact” in the Middle East who didn’t manufacture ventilators either

The last story that came out like this it became apparent that the company (pet store or something daft) fulfilled the contract is short time.
Remember all those people who berated the government for not using alternative methods to source ppe...coincidently they’re the same ones posting these stories, go figure!
Would you give your £0.25 bn contract to supply PPE to a currency trader with links to Lizz Truss or perhaps to a company with a track record in supplying PPE? Hmm even Johnson’s fan boys must know this is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back