Coventry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horrible set of fans last year, arguably as minging as i’ve seen up here

Are they likely to build a new ground or will they be forever hobos?

a coventry supporter told me they are looking at the rugby ground
To be fair it isn't everywhere we go..

of the 23 games last season away I only recall issues at your place and a little bit of twattery at Doncaster last game

We mostly get Alot of positive feedback about the away support being quite loud and non stop

you have trouble at the majority of your games. if its not with the opposition then you scrap amongst yourselves

Last edited:

a coventry supporter told me they are looking at the rugby ground

you have trouble at the majority of your games. if its not with the opposition then you scrap amongst yourselves
No we don't. We are normally highly praised for the way we are. We are frequently louder than the home side and being peaceful while having fun.

What always is missing is the truth on what happens at times. Look at the total lack of respect on here. Then you will get idiots that start trouble then disappear. Of course every bit if trouble will be the fault of everyone but Sunderland. But how many keyboard warriors do you have? Safety in numbers will mean a few will be brave until it kicks off.

Thise of us that are older but wiser remember the 70's and 80's. We don't want that crap back. But like all clubs we have our idiots. But strangely enough Sunderland doesn't have any. That is as true as Sunderland having the best squad.

Coventry tramps - shambolic outfight, don’t even have their ground, pathetic!!
Pathetic ... but top. Fair play to them
This has been one of the best threads Iv read. I have to say hats off to @PUSB cool calm and collected with every response. It’s nice to take a step back and think about the type of personality that exists on here... every other post is abuse. It’s crazy. “Hate Coventry””hate Leeds””hate Pompey””hate boro””hate mags” I mean I’m not saying that there are not any situations that leave you with a bad taste but if you got that many issues with that many clubs ... maybe you are the issue :lol:

Last edited:
Actually I've discussed squads, Squad depth, offered an opinion on Willis and wished him all the best, discussed our situation with an interested supporter etc.
Some replies have actually been sound.

Some people have Coventry city tourettes though, see a cov fan shout filth, scum etc.

It's all good

What I've learned from this thread is this

Sunderland will be the world's richest club soon, with the best squad in the league and a second 11 that could beat almost every team in the division.
Coventry will finish nowhere this season and none of our players would make your 11
Coventry are homeless filth etc etc...
And you get thousands travelling hundreds of miles to watch matches week in week out

Been quite eye opening
10/10 would read it all again

I'm besides myself tbh, don't know how to cope 👍

our squad is half decent
our manager doesn't like to attack
we might sack him and come after your manager
:lol:

No we don't. We are normally highly praised for the way we are. We are frequently louder than the home side and being peaceful while having fun.

What always is missing is the truth on what happens at times. Look at the total lack of respect on here. Then you will get idiots that start trouble then disappear. Of course every bit if trouble will be the fault of everyone but Sunderland. But how many keyboard warriors do you have? Safety in numbers will mean a few will be brave until it kicks off.

Thise of us that are older but wiser remember the 70's and 80's. We don't want that crap back. But like all clubs we have our idiots. But strangely enough Sunderland doesn't have any. That is as true as Sunderland having the best squad.

just what i'm told by someone who watches you home and away
I mean why would you just make things up lol

as above

Just want to throw it out there as a CCFC fan I was walking my daughter home last year at the home game when 3 of your lot jumped me, all 3 got nicked and lucky for them I'm a decent human and just let them be without pressing charges just had to have my head stitched up but no biggy, had they hit my daughter though then they would of been going to jail.

just what i'm told by someone who watches you home and away

as above

Ok I watch Coventry home and away he's lying
Just want to throw it out there as a CCFC fan I was walking my daughter home last year at the home game when 3 of your lot jumped me, all 3 got nicked and lucky for them I'm a decent human and just let them be without pressing charges just had to have my head stitched up but no biggy, had they hit my daughter though then they would of been going to jail.

These will suy it was a Coventry fan

Last edited:
They already have, this is just the cherry on the cake. Win promotion then relegated due to not being able to field a team :cool:

Financial problems not really, a financial inconvenience maybe at St Andrews.

Why do so many on here make things up I have no idea

Your daughter probably would have put up a better fight.

Can't tell if this is a mag trying to be clever or Coventry fan looking for sympathy, either way, bore off kidda nee one cares for your bonce

Financial problems not really, a financial inconvenience maybe at St Andrews.

Why do so many on here make things up I have no idea
Barring an investment, Cov aren't sitting pretty.

Not on your arse like Bolton were but not exactly comfortable.

Barring an investment, Cov aren't sitting pretty.

Not on your arse like Bolton were but not exactly comfortable.

We are no different to Alot of clubs at this level, basically break even.. Which is an improvement on losing almost 10 million a season in the mid 2000s

We are no different to Alot of clubs at this level, basically break even.. Which is an improvement on losing almost 10 million a season in the mid 2000s

Last season coventry had an average crowd of 12000.This season the current average is 6000 and I'm sure Birmingham aren't letting them use St Andrews for free.

Season tickets are only £260 so I don't see how the numbers add up to breaking even fella.

Take Saturday for example. 4000 (?) season ticket holders at £260 is £1.04m, or £47k per gane based upon 22 home games. That's a bit generous as there will be some kids and OAP's within the 4000 as well.

2000 match day tickets at say an average of £20 is £40k.

So total gate receipts of £87k on average every 2 weeks.TV income isn't huge in league one. Given the playing squad of say 20 first teamers plus reserves and youth team, manager and staff salaries, rent to Birmingham, travel costs to away games I don't see how you can be even close to breakeven.

Last season coventry had an average crowd of 12000.This season the current average is 6000 and I'm sure Birmingham aren't letting them use St Andrews for free.

Season tickets are only £260 so I don't see how the numbers add up to breaking even fella.

Take Saturday for example. 4000 (?) season ticket holders at £260 is £1.04m, or £47k per gane based upon 22 home games. That's a bit generous as there will be some kids and OAP's within the 4000 as well.

2000 match day tickets at say an average of £20 is £40k.

So total gate receipts of £87k on average every 2 weeks.TV income isn't huge in league one. Given the playing squad of say 20 first teamers plus reserves and youth team, manager and staff salaries, rent to Birmingham, travel costs to away games I don't see how you can be even close to breakeven.

You forget we've sold players and received over 3 million for them in pre season

The clubs model brings in young lads, develops them and sells them on because we need to.. So yes we are basically break even every season, we recruit better now so that when we sell a prospect we can replace and cover like for like, that never used to happen

We've received money for James Maddison in recent seasons when he joined Leicester, he moves to united we get a few million more too.. This is how we operate and its also why recruitment is imperitive...

We have lots of young talented lads here, the average squad age is 23/24 and there's a reason for it

We aren't struggling because if we were we wouldn't have paid 750k for godden because it goes against the model
Our wage bill is only circa 2 million per season
I'm not denying it's tight but we operate within our means and that won't change

Last edited:
Your daughter probably would have put up a better fight.

Can't tell if this is a mag trying to be clever or Coventry fan looking for sympathy, either way, bore off kidda nee one cares for your bonce
Coventry fans, just stating the fact that every club has dickheads, it's how it goes as for me not putting up a fight that would set a good example right? Fighting 3 teenagers in front of a toddler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back