Coventry

What we have is a massive fan base with a couple of Dick heads on social media who probably don't even go to matches, who then give the green light for your lot to think it fine to actually attack other fans who attend games.
This is true of every big club in this league.

The way some on this forum see Coventry and Pompey fans, it's a surprise our game didn't get cancelled due to a mass brawl (although that would have been preferable).

This is true of every big club in this league.

The way some on this forum see Coventry and Pompey fans, it's a surprise our game didn't get cancelled due to a mass brawl (although that would have been preferable).
I agree, its true of all big clubs, keyboard warriors stoking things up, causing tensions which usually aren't there when you go to the game.
I went to about 10-15 aways last season, saw and heard of absolutely no trouble anywhere from our support all season, but both times we played Coventry there was trouble, with their fans starting it both times, and lots of their fans (and incredibly their own f***ing website) insinuating that the trouble was of our own accord due to our keyboard warriors.

Absolute drivel.
No mention of arrests outside the stadium.
Spending time making up absolute bollocks on a rivals Web page.
You must be an absolute embarrassment to everyone who knows you
Like I said I didn't press charges why would I they were like 17, why would I make some utter bullshit up, I mean I have the scar and a few pictures to prove it.

While you're playing well, needing to score 2 or three goals against better teams isn't sustainable, and I'm not convinced by strength in depth. It's a long old season, and teams who start strong don't always last.
But as I said we did well getting rid of Burge and got a good replacement for Willis. Of course I was told it was sour grapes. But after another clean sheet yesterday we now have 5 from our first 8 games. We haven't lost a game yet.

We might be top of the table but there is a long way to go. Would settle for a top 6 finish now. But of course top 2 is the aim.

Not sure what's funny?? I think our own fans would get sick of the same situation. We'd barely hit 10k if we got kicked out of our stadium and had to travel 20 miles every week man.. I know a Coventry season ticket holder who lived less than two miles from the ricoh arena.. Now he's got to travel 20 miles plus each time. Aye credit where its due imo.
I bet a good proportion of our fans already live 20 miles from the stadium, only gets you as far away as Stanley, back of Durham. I travel 130. We take 7000 to away games given the allocation :lol:

I bet a good proportion of our fans already live 20 miles from the stadium, only gets you as far away as Stanley, back of Durham. I travel 130. We take 7000 to away games given the allocation :lol:
I don't think we sold out accrington yesterday.
Like I said I didn't press charges why would I they were like 17, why would I make some utter bullshit up, I mean I have the scar and a few pictures to prove it.
Fuck knows. But I'd be extremely surprised if the lads who you did say got nicked in your op, were then let go on the spot if you had visible marks which have led to scars months later.
They mightnt have been charged or taken to court, if you werent willing to press charges, but I'd have assumed they would have been arrested.

Last edited:

We might be top of the table but there is a long way to go. Would settle for a top 6 finish now. But of course top 2 is the aim.
You'll easily be top 6.
Last season up here you were the best team we played. You had a couple of really quick strong midfielders who ripped us apart.
It's not like us, pompey or ipswich are bossing things atm.

Haway mate stop being a dick - you’ll find most safc supporters are sound in real life unless set upon- on this site though they say things they wouldn’t in person
Aye. I go to loads of away games and drink in boozers and we have a good laugh with the home fans. At the SOL I think were probably the friendliest city to drink in for away supporters, they're welcome everywhere and always have a craic with them.
For some reason people love to be wums on social media, and worse than that, just plain abusive.
You have history - see youtube
All clubs have history mate.
I've been involved in a bit of bother (many yrs ago may I add).
Just want to throw it out there as a CCFC fan I was walking my daughter home last year at the home game when 3 of your lot jumped me, all 3 got nicked and lucky for them I'm a decent human and just let them be without pressing charges just had to have my head stitched up but no biggy, had they hit my daughter though then they would of been going to jail.
Kieren, in this case, they would definitely be arrested.
You needed stitches. You may not press charges so they may not be charged, but if they were nicked, then they would be arrested and took to a Station and then let go.
There is no evidence that 3 people were arrested.
Are you sure this was at the SOL?
Seems to me that you just want to make us look like we have groups of fans that attack a dad with a young daughter for zero reason.

Which I can't imagine ever happening here.
I am calling you a liar on this mate.

Last edited:
I don't think we sold out accrington yesterday.

Fuck knows. But I'd be extremely surprised if the lads who you did say got nicked in your op, were then let go on the spot if you had visible marks which have led to scars months later.
They mightnt have been charged or taken to court, if you werent willing to press charges, but I'd have assumed they would have been arrested.
Really? That surprises me.

You'll easily be top 6.
Last season up here you were the best team we played. You had a couple of really quick strong midfielders who ripped us apart.
It's not like us, pompey or ipswich are bossing things atm.
We seem to be better than last season. We have even come back from 2 goals down to win. Last season we would have lost that game.

But it is a long, hard season. Lots of twists and turns to happen. Like the ref we had against Bolton. 3 disallowed goals and should have had 2 pens. He gave them everything. But it goes down as a 0-0.

Aye. I go to loads of away games and drink in boozers and we have a good laugh with the home fans. At the SOL I think were probably the friendliest city to drink in for away supporters, they're welcome everywhere and always have a craic with them.
For some reason people love to be wums on social media, and worse than that, just plain abusive.

All clubs have history mate.
I've been involved in a bit of bother (many yrs ago may I add).

Kieren, in this case, they would definitely be arrested.
You needed stitches. You may not press charges so they may not be charged, but if they were nicked, then they would be arrested and took to a Station and then let go.
There is no evidence that 3 people were arrested.
Are you sure this was at the SOL?
Seems to me that you just want to make us look like we have groups of fans that attack a dad with a young daughter for zero reason.

Which I can't imagine ever happening here.
I am calling you a liar on this mate.
I never mentioned it being at the SOL, it was at the Ricoh, and when I sya they got nicked the coppers had them chucked them in the van then asked me what I would like to do so I just said let them go as for the scar it's still there won't be vanishing anytime soon. Good story time though.

I never mentioned it being at the SOL, it was at the Ricoh, and when I sya they got nicked the coppers had them chucked them in the van then asked me what I would like to do so I just said let them go as for the scar it's still there won't be vanishing anytime soon. Good story time though.
My point is we all have dickhead fans just because a select few decide to be complete twats don't mean we are all like that.

Still don't believe you.
One fan was arrested for drunk and disorderly. None for attacking a bloke with a kid, giving him a scar.
My point is we all have dickhead fans just because a select few decide to be complete twats don't mean we are all like that.
Oh, I know that. We all have a few dick heads.
Just Coventry has by far more than us.
Coventry were disgusting here and at yours last season.
And Coventry city's own media thought that it was justified.
Wankers. Something dodgy at that club.
But aye, the majority of cov fans will be sound. Just got a bigger minority than us who aren't

Last edited:

Still don't believe you.
One fan was arrested for drunk and disorderly. None for attacking a bloke with a kid, giving him a scar.

Oh, I know that. We all have a few dick heads.
Just Coventry has by far more than us.
Coventry were disgusting here and at yours last season.
And Coventry city's own media thought that it was justified.
Wankers. Something dodgy at that club.
But aye, the majority of cov fans will be sound. Just got a bigger minority than us who aren't
Our biggest problem is younger idiots trying to look brave in front of their mates. Then when it kicks off they run away leaving those not interested in violence at the game (the vast majority) in the middle of it all.

The last time I was involved in anything was years ago. Was a game in Leicester. Walked out of a pub to see four idiots starting on a Leicester supporter who was with his other half and two kids. Shouted at them unpolitely to stop. They came at me then just as my mates came out the pub. Cheers lads.....they stood back to watch :eek: :D When the second one went down the other two ran away. We then apologised about our own idiotic knuckle draggers and went with them to the ground.

We don't have that many idiots. We rarely even see trouble on our travels. But they all seem to go to the bigger games. I just love mingling with our opposite supporters. Few beers and have a laugh. It isn't the eighties anymore.

Our biggest problem is younger idiots trying to look brave in front of their mates. Then when it kicks off they run away leaving those not interested in violence at the game (the vast majority) in the middle of it all.

The last time I was involved in anything was years ago. Was a game in Leicester. Walked out of a pub to see four idiots starting on a Leicester supporter who was with his other half and two kids. Shouted at them unpolitely to stop. They came at me then just as my mates came out the pub. Cheers lads.....they stood back to watch :eek: :D When the second one went down the other two ran away. We then apologised about our own idiotic knuckle draggers and went with them to the ground.

We don't have that many idiots. We rarely even see trouble on our travels. But they all seem to go to the bigger games. I just love mingling with our opposite supporters. Few beers and have a laugh. It isn't the eighties anymore.
Presume your Leicester is our Newcastle.
You'll always have more fans going a bit radge for that.
Aye, I can see where you're coming from.
Due to keyboard warriors (from Safc over the yrs, stoking this Jimmy Hill thing) and the size of our club, last Yrs meeting was always going to get your dick heads out in force.
Whats pleasing for me is that we dont seem to have that problem anymore, with large groups looking for fights, or chucking stuff indiscriminately.
Certainly never happened at both our big Wembley games too.
I will take your word that the majority of matches your fans are sound.
I still think your own official media was disgusting in the aftermath of the game at our place mind.

Over the years, I’ve never had any issues with Coventry (I’m too young for the 77’ stuff). I’ve been to both Highfield Road and the Ricoh Arena and never saw trouble. In fact I can even remember walking over to the town with Coventry fans after 1-1 game back in 99’ and they were decent craic.

What happened last season, however, should not be brushed under the carpet. I know only too well there are a lot of decent Coventry fans but their away support at the SOL was truly awful and without doubt the worst support I have ever encountered.

Now I know all clubs have arseholes (including us) but it was the majority of their fans causing trouble that day and it’s only by luck, someone wasn’t seriously hurt.

What I find sad is, both Coventry (the club) and their fan forums have tried to deflect the blame onto us or play down what happened. As I posted at the time, when you see grown men taunt young children crying; or when you witness object after object being chucked from the away end onto families; it makes you question why you bother going to football. Frankly, even before we got into the ground, we witnessed pissed up Coventry kids trying to start on families gaining access to the North Stand.

I don’t know what has happened to their support over the last few years, but decent Coventry fans should be extremely concerned.
Presume your Leicester is our Newcastle.
You'll always have more fans going a bit radge for that.
Aye, I can see where you're coming from.
Due to keyboard warriors (from Safc over the yrs, stoking this Jimmy Hill thing) and the size of our club, last Yrs meeting was always going to get your dick heads out in force.
Whats pleasing for me is that we dont seem to have that problem anymore, with large groups looking for fights, or chucking stuff indiscriminately.
Certainly never happened at both our big Wembley games too.
I will take your word that the majority of matches your fans are sound.
I still think your own official media was disgusting in the aftermath of the game at our place mind.

Their media was a disgrace, especially as the police report of the Ricoh games blames Coventry fans for the trouble. I know they find themselves in a shit situation with them being homeless, but that doesn’t mean they can’t call out the arseholes that chucked bottles onto families.

I can remember reading a Coventry forum after the SOL game and some moron tried to argue “it was just one bottle” that was thrown. It wasn’t. When we scored our 4th, the number of objects being chucked was beyond a joke.

Last edited:

Back