Coventry Supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.
So was Brian McFadden who wasn't born until 1980.

Is this like North Korean justice where the sins of the father are passed on for three generations?

There were a lot of people that I still see 40 years on that were at Goodison that night - I can't think of a single one of them who don't feel exactly the same as I do - being cheated out of a place in the top flight has that effect on people - ask Blades supporters how they feel about Tevez and West Ham - and their situation was nowhere near the blatant cheating that took place that night

There were a lot of people that I still see 40 years on that were at Goodison that night - I can't think of a single one of them who don't feel exactly the same as I do - being cheated out of a place in the top flight has that effect on people - ask Blades supporters how they feel about Tevez and West Ham - and their situation was nowhere near the blatant cheating that took place that night

I've supported the lads for over 60 years and I know where you are coming from but I don't blame the supporters let alone those that weren't even born.

Jimmy Hill though can rot in hell.

I compare the likes of Burnley or Charlton to Coventry because the same hate you have for Coventry I had for Charlton. They consigned us to another season of Division One football. Which turned out to be the best. But it was so long ago I feel no point to prolonging the self torture.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Of all the feelings I had after the play off final leaving Wembley, hating Charlton wasn't one of them. They won it fairly. Couldn't even be bitter about them since they matched us all season. Sure there was only a point or two between us and drew both games.

Coventry cheated. They broke the rules to make sure they stayed up and then used Jimmy Hills position to make sure it went unpunished.

Of all the feelings I had after the play off final leaving Wembley, hating Charlton wasn't one of them. They won it fairly. Couldn't even be bitter about them since they matched us all season. Sure there was only a point or two between us and drew both games.

Coventry cheated. They broke the rules to make sure they stayed up and then used Jimmy Hills position to make sure it went unpunished.

We broke the rules in the 1950s. We also played a bloke who was about to plead guilty to underage sex offences a couple of years ago. Let he who casts the first stone etc.

If you ever get to support a club for 50 years you might get it but seeing as you support a club that was manufactured for a toy league I doubt you'll ever get the point
I'm a Suderland fan living in Sydney you bell end. Ken Knighton was in charge for my first game at Roker Park. I was at the 85 & 92 cup finals and I travelled home & away in the 3rd Division so the fact I now watch Sydney FC as my local team should have little bearing on the argument.

Let's not forget that Coventry conspired with Bristol City to relegate another club so I hold them equally responsible.
Neither would get away with it today - Hill abused his position in the game to make the whole thing go away

I'm a Suderland fan living in Sydney you bell end. Ken Knighton was in charge for my first game at Roker Park. I was at the 85 & 92 cup finals and I travelled home & away in the 3rd Division so the fact I now watch Sydney FC as my local team should have little bearing on the argument.
Who are Suderland - is that some Aussie club in the divisions below the toy league - do they play in the same division as Lambton Jaffas

You're such a great fan of the lads you buggered off to Australia ;) and you call me a bellend

Absolutely no problem with Charlton - I was more pissed off that we'd been undone by one of our own - anyone can beat us fair and square even the Mags or Leeds but neither Coventry nor Bristol City played by the rules that night and I along with many others will never forget or forgive

Last edited:
Once again, you struggle to grasp the concept of reality.

Once again you struggle to grasp with the concept of the responsibilities of learning to live a life.

Ok. I was at school with you. I used to play pranks on you all the time and call you names. Over 30 years later we meet in the HMV store in The Bridges. I chat to you. What would your reaction be?

A. Punch my lights out and in a fit of rage remind me of the grief.

B. Ignore me.

C. Chat back and be friendly

Chose wisely. What you say will give me the appropriate view of you in accordance with the option.

Did you go to away games with the travel club? Probably saw you a few times

I don't blame most Coventry fans for the events of 40 years ago. To be honest, I see the fall of Coventry a tragedy because it shows the damage financial implosion can do a club and in many ways, I fear the same for us.

It was a decision taken by the CLUB no doubt. Nothing to do with the fans.

Also didn't we fail to win enough games that season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back