Coventry Supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.

It was the 70's man. Not 2017 there were no streams then. Just Charles Harrison on Metro Radio
The only way of finding out scores was from someone with a transistor radio - which often turned into Chinese whispers like at Wrexham in 1979 where most of us thought Stoke had drawn at Notts County and that we were promoted - the last day games in the late 70's were a bitch to Sunderland

Fairy nuff but the team should be judged over 42 fair matches and not 41 fair and 1 fixed match.
I am judging us over 42 games. We didn't do enough mate. 15 minutes of a game we have no control of regardless over an entire season is a tiny tiny percentage. It's just typical football fans always looking for excuses for their clubs shortcomings.
Look at this season when we've been absolutely pathetic we have people blaming injuries for our demise. Just about All the players we've been bemoaning missing are all back now and we've stil been hopeless. Some times you just have to accept this is the case and move on.
40 years of grudges FFS :lol:

I am judging us over 42 games. We didn't do enough mate. 15 minutes of a game we have no control of regardless over an entire season is a tiny tiny percentage. It's just typical football fans always looking for excuses for their clubs shortcomings.
Look at this season when we've been absolutely pathetic we have people blaming injuries for our demise. Just about All the players we've been bemoaning missing are all back now and we've stil been hopeless. Some times you just have to accept this is the case and move on.
By this token do we judge the ability of Allardyce last season on all of his time here or just on the last two home games?

Whats wrong with holding a grudge the Aussies have never forgiven you for bodyline.

By this token do we judge the ability of Allardyce last season on all of his time here or just on the last two home games?
We judge him on what his task was in keeping us up. He achieved it.

Whats wrong with holding a grudge the Aussies have never forgiven you for bodyline.
That's because they're a bunch of whining, twisting convict bellends! Of course they were only too happy when Thompson and Lillee were steaming in trying to take our lads heads off!

The only way of finding out scores was from someone with a transistor radio - which often turned into Chinese whispers like at Wrexham in 1979 where most of us thought Stoke had drawn at Notts County and that we were promoted - the last day games in the late 70's were a bitch to Sunderland
Will never forget that and when someone said stoke have just scored it was devastating

That must've been the same day that Boro played away at Derby.
Me and some mates called at Forest's ground to try n get a couple of European Cup final tickets, and Nottingham was full of Stoke fans.
They saw our red n white scarves hanging from our van window and decided we too were Stoke.

It was the 70's man. Not 2017 there were no streams then. Just Charles Harrison on Metro Radio
Word must still have got through or they wouldn't have known your score.
Surely the football league could've held up your 2nd half kick-off, so you both were playing simultaneously.

Why are some people attacking someone who holds a grudge ...... it's just a bloody grudge, they're not holding a cosh or a petrol bomb ffs.

It's none of your business how people feel, just run along with your own dislikes, grudges & disputes.

This 'holier than thou' attitude stinks tbh, so people don't like Coventry City ....... call the police, someone has a grudge :lol:

You seem to be developing a grudge against these people.

Why don't you take your own advice, let it go and put it behind you ...... there are more important things in life for you to be spending your time on.

If people want to hold a grudge that doesn't affect you or Coventry that's not your concern ..... what's happened to them is entirely their own doing.

Or, if you can say you feel exactly the same about every football club, I apologise ;)

I have to say, holding a historic grudge against a professional organisation who cheated our beloved club out of our league status, is sign of emotional investment= Passionate fan imo.

However, running around a thread creating grudges with people who are holding grudges against something else has to be about the saddest, most pathetic thing I've ever seen on a football message board.

There's absolutely no reason for these people to hold such an emotional investment in people holding a different view to them on a message board. And these people call the others sad and such like. Unbelievable! :lol:

I have to say, holding a historic grudge against a professional organisation who cheated our beloved club out of our league status, is sign of emotional investment= Passionate fan imo.

However, running around a thread creating grudges with people who are holding grudges against something else has to be about the saddest, most pathetic thing I've ever seen on a football message board.

There's absolutely no reason for these people to hold such an emotional investment in people holding a different view to them on a message board. And these people call the others sad and such like. Unbelievable! :lol:
Well I certainly don't hold any grudges. If the OP's name wasn't tagged to it I would forget the next day who I disagreed with. I might be wholeheartedly agreeing with an opinion he has next week. I reply to the post not the poster. Always have done always will do. Having a shit memory helps immensley in this noble pursuit.;)

Well I certainly don't hold any grudges. If the OP's name wasn't tagged to it I would forget the next day who I disagreed with. I might be wholeheartedly agreeing with an opinion he has next week. I reply to the post not the poster. Always have done always will do. Having a shit memory helps immensley in this noble pursuit.;)

I can never remember who my disagreements were with either, unless I'm being hounded of course which I can't stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back