Coventry Supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.

What a sad bastard

I completely fail to comprehend why some football supporters are so used to having a niggling sense of injustice at a wrongdoing eat away at them, no matter how long ago it was, it is as if they have become dependent on it. They need it to perhaps feel either a whole or to feel fulfilled in some way. Whatever the reason it is something they can't do without. They have to have it.

I detest Charlton Athletic for beating us in the playoff final. But am I happy at their situation? Like hell I am! I detest Burnley for getting the best of us four times this season. But I got over it and I feel nothing now. I detest Brentford for knocking us out of one 3rd round of the FA Cup in the Mick McCarthy era. But again I feel nothing for them now and I am happy seeing them where they are. I detest Liverpool for beating us in the 92 FA Cup Final. But if they won the league tomorrow would I be angry? Course not.

It is amazing how good you feel if you let go of problems and not hold on to them out of a feeling of dependence.

I completely fail to comprehend why some football supporters are so used to having a niggling sense of injustice at a wrongdoing eat away at them, no matter how long ago it was, it is as if they have become dependent on it. They need it to perhaps feel either a whole or to feel fulfilled in some way. Whatever the reason it is something they can't do without. They have to have it.

I detest Charlton Athletic for beating us in the playoff final. But am I happy at their situation? Like hell I am! I detest Burnley for getting the best of us four times this season. But I got over it and I feel nothing now. I detest Brentford for knocking us out of one 3rd round of the FA Cup in the Mick McCarthy era. But again I feel nothing for them now and I am happy seeing them where they are. I detest Liverpool for beating us in the 92 FA Cup Final. But if they won the league tomorrow would I be angry? Course not.

It is amazing how good you feel if you let go of problems and not hold on to them out of a feeling of dependence.
Well said, mate

How can you compare Charlton and Burnley to Coventry?

Charlton fairly beat us after playing out one of the best games of football I have witnessed and I'm glad I did witness it. That was 120 minutes of two excellent teams who had both had a superb season. I was devastated.

Coventry deliberately cheated. Deliberately cheated to make sure that another club was relegated.

Completely incomparable

I completely fail

You should have just stopped typing there

How can you compare Charlton and Burnley to Coventry?

Charlton fairly beat us after playing out one of the best games of football I have witnessed and I'm glad I did witness it. That was 120 minutes of two excellent teams who had both had a superb season. I was devastated.

Coventry deliberately cheated. Deliberately cheated to make sure that another club was relegated.

Completely incomparable

You should have just stopped typing there

I compare the likes of Burnley or Charlton to Coventry because the same hate you have for Coventry I had for Charlton. They consigned us to another season of Division One football. Which turned out to be the best. But it was so long ago I feel no point to prolonging the self torture.

With respect son none of them compare with being cheated out of a place in the top division- and if you think so then you're a bigger idiot than I thought

You're a f***ing special case though.

With respect son none of them compare with being cheated out of a place in the top division- and if you think so then you're a bigger idiot than I thought
It's hard to believe, but he is.

Brian McFadden, surely he has just been thrown in there?
Must be 'rent a supporter' last time I saw him was in the next corporate box at Spugs where he spent the whole match texting and only came to life when me and my brother jumped up when we equalised !

W

Irrespective of either being the correct call he's on the right track. It's f***ing ridiculous harbouring that level of hatred for a club which possibly has nobody from that era connected with them now. 40 years man, let it go.
If you ever get to support a club for 50 years you might get it but seeing as you support a club that was manufactured for a toy league I doubt you'll ever get the point

Once again, you struggle to grasp the concept of reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back